Did you mean: 

Amex Zync in limbo

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Zync in limbo

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well the bad news is it looks like they wanted me to call because they tried to pull my frozen TU report.  It is frozen for a reason as it still has like 4 baddies on it, 2 of which are only about 3 years old.  I don't even know if I should bother unfreezing it to let them review because I don't see Amex approving me with a couple collections.  Anybody think it is worth my time?

This is a bummer.  I expected to be denied for recent inquiries, but It looked like Amex almost always uses EX.  Just my luck, the one report of mine that isn't stellar is the one they want to use.  I even called twice to ask if they would consider using another report and they said no both times.  Oh well.  I can't get too down on it.  I will try for Amex towards the end of this year and I added 2 nice cards to my portfolio this week.

all is not lost, i got approved for AMEX Blue with  3 medical collections (4+ years old) and a judgement (5 1/2 years old) but no lates, Oldest card was 3.5 years multiple credit lines that were less than a year old.  AAoA of about 15 months.  

2 month later they also pre-selected and approved me for AMEX Zync. 

Smiley Surprised

NO NO NO LS!!! NO APPING!!!! Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 54
FrugalRican
Blogger

@LS2982 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well the bad news is it looks like they wanted me to call because they tried to pull my frozen TU report.  It is frozen for a reason as it still has like 4 baddies on it, 2 of which are only about 3 years old.  I don't even know if I should bother unfreezing it to let them review because I don't see Amex approving me with a couple collections.  Anybody think it is worth my time?

This is a bummer.  I expected to be denied for recent inquiries, but It looked like Amex almost always uses EX.  Just my luck, the one report of mine that isn't stellar is the one they want to use.  I even called twice to ask if they would consider using another report and they said no both times.  Oh well.  I can't get too down on it.  I will try for Amex towards the end of this year and I added 2 nice cards to my portfolio this week.

all is not lost, i got approved for AMEX Blue with  3 medical collections (4+ years old) and a judgement (5 1/2 years old) but no lates, Oldest card was 3.5 years multiple credit lines that were less than a year old.  AAoA of about 15 months.  

Smiley Surprised

Go take a walk outside, where there are no computers for apping.

Please.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 22 of 54
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Although I agree with what LS said above about learning from it etc.  I don't see the harm in the TU pull (esp if they pulled EX already, which is probably the case).  As jamesdwi said, AMEX is somewhat unpredictable. If your collections are paid but showing, that might help. If not paid, I doubt you'd have much luck.  AMEX could also issue the ZYNC to you with the hard limit option instead of the NPSL.

It's up to you of course.  If it were me and I thought they'd already pulled EX, I'd let them check TU, only because things came this far (with an EX pull, which they usually pull before checking another report). JMHO.

[EDIT]:  And no LS, no apping for you LOL Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 23 of 54
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Surprised

Go take a walk outside, where there are no computers for apping.

Please.

I'm good. I just had a Jim Carrey Liar Liar moment where I beat the crap out of myself...................i'm good!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, this is intense.  I just checked my USAA for the day.  Amex actually already hard pulled my EX and EQ.  Is it normal for them to do a triple bureau pull?  I thought only mortages and Capital One did that.  I figure if they already did 2 inq, and I will be gardning for several months now, I might as well burn the TU, even though there is little chance of approval.

Message 25 of 54
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, this is intense.  I just checked my USAA for the day.  Amex actually already hard pulled my EX and EQ.  Is it normal for them to do a triple bureau pull?  I thought only mortages and Capital One did that.  I figure if they already did 2 inq, and I will be gardning for several months now, I might as well burn the TU, even though there is little chance of approval.

Eh.....if they already got you for 2 a 3rd isn't anything.............go for it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the plus side, it looks like PSECU only did one hard pull.  They told me they were doing way more: 1 for joining as a member, 1 for apping for my CC/PSOC, 1 for apping for the auto loan with my wife as a joint, and 1 for apping by myself (her credit is not good).  I expected at least 3 and maybe 4 but there is only 1, so that is good news.  Wonder if the rest were just soft?

Message 27 of 54
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Surprised

LS keep gardening, my walmart TU  score was 714 which they pulled,  yours is too low, and you have too many INQ's it will take time but you will get AMEX cards eventually. In a while they will be begging you to apply, just need to let INQ's drop off, and boost your score. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 28 of 54
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

Do it.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 29 of 54
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It means they're on the edge of approval, depending on what their internal scoring method does with the info from all 3 reports you stand a slim chance of approval (they almost never pull anything other than EX first).  If you're planning on gardening for a year after this, an INQ on TU isn't going to hurt you much if at all in 2013.  2 out of 3 reports looking good enough for them to pull the 3rd is not all bad, esp if the collections are showing as paid.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.