Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync questions

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Amex Zync questions

I was approved for a Zync card, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the do's and don'ts with Amex cards, do they like to see a monthly minimum put on the card? Is there a certain amount that would draw their attention? Should I have some type of monthly pattern as far as usage goes? Questions like that, I added the travel pack to the card since I'll be using it alot for plane ticket purchases. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Zync questions

Use it, pay it. Use it, pay it. And so on.

AmEx likes lots of usage, and they don't like to see balances carried, even on revolvers or on charge cards where they extend you the option. (Don't accept if they do.)

I called to let them know when I'd be traveling for the first 3-4 months, and then I didn't bother any more.

Supposedly they don't profile usage locations any more, and nowadays I use mine anywhere, but it wouldn't hurt initially to use it in their traditional areas --restaurants, travel, big-ticket items.

Since you have a charge card, and you don't know the internal CL on it, I don't think it would hurt to every now and again check to make sure that a big-dollar charge would be covered, but I wouldn't make a habit of calling before every single purchase. In general, these internal limits will gradually rise over time, as they get used to your charging patterns and see that you pay promptly and without difficulty.

Finally, don't forget that they will probably be softing your EX report and looking at ALL your accounts, so don't let all your balances start creeping up, or allow any other worrisome trends to show up.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Zync questions

Thanks for the advice. As far as my other cards go, I do have some automatic payments that I pay with them, one card has my $4.95 fico monitoring and another card has $6.95 fico score watch that hits them monthly, just so I can keep a small balance and usage. My other cards include a couple of store cards that I use sparingly, I'm actually thinking of getting rid my Kay jewelers card. I will defnitely put some usage to my Zync though

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.