Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Zync secured card offer

Message 12 of 27
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well I am a computer engineer, and I am aware of fraud and stuff and trust me its not. The number i got a call from is 801-945-5000 which directly connected me to amex under writing dept and I did call them twice to just make sure the secured card offer is indeed true because as all of you are surprised i was shocked too , amex would have a offer like that for me. 

Well my question and the whole purpose of this thread was to find out what I am supposed to do and what my options are and some good suggestions, and looks like everybody just was focussing on me get scammed or something Smiley Tongue. I appreciate your concern guyz but trust me it was american express under writing dept that called me with this offer , and i have 30 days to make a decision.

Please share the terms and conditions, so we can form an opinion.

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was definitely not an optima card. I am pretty sure they mentioned it was a zync secured card with a collateral fee. But yeah they did say they were going to send me out the offer in mail , and i have 30 days to respond. Not aware of the annual fee yet, but I am pretty sure there will be one. I will update this post as soon as I receive the materials in mail. Thanks for the feedback, keeping my fingers crossed for now. 

Message 14 of 27
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Ha!  That's an interesting long review and then at the end, "Would you recommend this card?"  Yes!  That made me laugh.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

I'm sure they can offer Amex Zync Secured Card and they can set up hard limit depends on the collateral. It's stiil a PAY-IN FULL Charge Card.

Ron.

Message 16 of 27
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

Hi, I'm curious about what you decided on this...can you update us please??

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so here is the deal. I just spoke to AMEX 2/26/2012. There is no secured card. Period.

BUT...the rep told me to go to the axex home page, there is a link for PRE-PAID cards.

Go there, he went with me and said get the prepaid blue card, AMEX tracks expenditures etc and then later in a few months, if you have used it responsibly, they will begin to pffer you cardslike the Green card, where you pay it off each month.

That is the credit rebuildijng program fromo AMEX, no more, no less.

Message 18 of 27
logan_720
Established Contributor

Seeing Amex give out secured cards is like seeing FP, or HSBC give CLI's Smiley Tongue
Message 19 of 27
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Another ancient thread resurrected. Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.