Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync tops Platinum!!!

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Amex Zync tops Platinum!!!

So, I christened my Amex Zync this afternoon... and I LOVED the reaction I got! Smiley Very Happy The girl looked at the card and went, "Oooh... I've never seen one of these. Is it better than a Platinum?" LOVE it!!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Of course, I'm honest, so I told her the truth. But still... her reaction to the card was GREAT!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Zync tops Platinum!!!

I've had so many people look at mine and then have to do a double take and look at my face because they think it's some extremely prestigious card and they can't figure out why I'm so young and have such a "good" card Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 46
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I got that response only once. I was traveling at checking in at a Hilton Garden Inn. They guy checking me in asks...what's this a new version of the plat card? Of course, just like you, I told the truth! LOL Love it! This is the only time I've ever gotten that response regarding the Zync.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 3 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

Likewise, I really do enjoy using this card.

Message 4 of 46
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

The first couple months I never got any kind of response, now it seems I get 1-2 a month. I had soneone ask me if it was real or not also lol

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

White and black seem to be the 'reaction' colors.

Message 6 of 46
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Lol maybe I shoukd trade down and save $425 Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 46
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

LOL, gotta love the reactions when the Zync card is whipped out and given to someone who's never seen one before.  

Message 8 of 46
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

That's great !!  It's funny though I haven't gotten any reactions to my ZYNC yet at all....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 46
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

That's great !!  It's funny though I haven't gotten any reactions to my ZYNC yet at all....

Perhaps they're looking at something better and don't even notice the card you gave them?  *wink wink  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.