cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync with BK showing an 738 FICO Exp score?

tag
WilliamKF

Amex Zync with BK showing an 738 FICO Exp score?

I've got a 738 Experian score (Fair Issac Score 2) but have a BK showing two years since filing and 1.5 since discharge. I am an AU on blue card since February and paying my balance in full each month. I'm wondering if this has any chance of approval for a Zync? Is it worth spending an inquiry on this? What is the youngest BK showing ever seen to be approved for a Zync card? I really want the back dating to my old Platinum date. Amex was not IIB.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Zync with BK showing an 738 FICO Exp score?

@WilliamKF wrote:
I've got a 738 Experian score (Fair Issac Score 2) but have a BK showing two years since filing and 1.5 since discharge. I am an AU on blue card since February and paying my balance in full each month. I'm wondering if this has any chance of approval for a Zync? Is it worth spending an inquiry on this? What is the youngest BK showing ever seen to be approved for a Zync card? I really want the back dating to my old Platinum date. Amex was not IIB.

You can try, but every AMEX rep I have ever spoken to has told me a BK on the report = a big, fat DENIED.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 2 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@WilliamKF wrote:

I wouldn't try it with a BK. Amex is not BK friendly.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 9
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt an AMEX denial hard free? Better yet, try the preapproval link.
Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt an AMEX denial hard free? Better yet, try the preapproval link.

Not sure what you mean by that. Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Maybe im thinking of blacklisters--if you are on the list, there isnt a hard pull.
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@LS2982 wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

Not sure what you mean by that. Smiley Indifferent

My understanding (no personal experience) is that IF you are already an American Express member (=cardholder), if you app for a card and are denied, it's just a soft.

I don't know if that would hold true for someone who is just an AU, though, as they are not members in their own right.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Don't waste the inquirery, with a BK it isn't going to fly.

Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Don't waste the inquirery, with a BK it isn't going to fly.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.