Did you mean: 

Amex Zync...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Zync...

@afbar1114 wrote:

ok thanks.... i guess theres really no rhyme or reason why amex does a F/R

I'm sure there IS some rhyme or reason to it, it's just not obvious to us. They probably have some internal risk assessment algorithm going and if your spending habits trigger a warning enough times, then you stand a chance for an FR. I really doubt they ever bother doing it frivolously - it might seem like it to us, but since it will cost them money/time/effort/an angry customer, I really doubt they ever do it just for the hell of it.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are rhymes and reasons as to why they do FRs, just not ones that the public knows about.

I gurantee some "worrysome" things are done which trigger it.  Buying fuel is not one of them.

Message 22 of 26
Open123
Super Contributor

There are absolutely reasons, though I can see why they'd like to give the impression of it being random.  Aside from proteciton from lawsuits, once it is known what your actions are based on (take gov't entitlements, for example), it allows for enterprising and creative people to "game" said system.

Message 23 of 26
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There are rhymes and reasons as to why they do FRs, just not ones that the public knows about.

I gurantee some "worrysome" things are done which trigger it.  Buying fuel is not one of them.

Sounds like paranoia with some of these Zync owners

Message 24 of 26
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

its not just Zync owners that can get  a F/R its any Amex card holder. even if you have the plat or gold....

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

its not just Zync owners that can get  a F/R its any Amex card holder. even if you have the plat or gold....

I think what they mean are the people that are just getting their foot in the door with Zync are paraniod about FR. Though its possible for any of their cards, I cant see it likely that they FR my Cent. They had to verify assets before issueing it.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.