Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Zync

Was was looking into applying for the Amex Zync card.  Im 19, turn 20 in October.  I got my first credit card in Oct of last year, the student discover more card.  It has turned into the regular discover more card and my current CL is $750 ( started at $250 then went to $500 in january then $750 in april).  On average i spend $225 a month though last month i charged $524.  I have payed the bill in full  every month within a few days of it posting my statment online.  I have not had any loans just the credit card.  My question is wether or not you think i will be approved.  If you need any more info to help decide let me know.

Thanks

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
O-day
New Contributor

Re: Amex Zync

hey man im 19 and turn 20 in october to! lol but i applied and got it 2 months ago and i luv it! everyone thinks its a high class card when i go out to dinner w/ my gf and pay lol but i spend about 1200 a month. my first card was a boa student back in 08 then i got the crap 1 in march of last year and this year i got bestbuy rewards card and amex zync! going to chill with the cards and let them age for a but. but ya u should go for it, just make sure u dont have a high util percentage when u apply . good luck!

Message 2 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah last month it was almost 70% so you think i sould wait till my next statment posts so that it is around 20-30%.

Message 3 of 40
O-day
New Contributor

i can tell you now that you will deff get denied with %70 percent, you want it to be around %15. what other cards do u have as long with CL and balances?

Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Discover card is the only card i have CL $750.  The only reason it ended up being 70% was i bought my school books on amazon and was going to use my debit card so i wouldnt have a hight utilization but it remembered my card and did that one click buy thing so i bought them before i even realized it.

Message 5 of 40
O-day
New Contributor

well its all good, just wait until you pay it off. i know that feel when u just want to apply but trust me the inquiry isnt worth it, it will be on ur report for 2 years! i have 5 which is not best but luckily 2 will fall of this nov. so just be patient and pay off ur debt and MAKE SURE the new balances reported, usually that takes a month or so depending if discover reports at the end of the month or when ur statement cuts...

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i already paid it in full.  I try to just use it for gas so if i do that this month by the time it post on october 10th it would be between $100-$150 i will then pay it in full the next day or so.  So do you think i should apply around the beginning of November?  Then it should have post a 15-20% utilization and a credit history of 1 year with full payments every month.

Message 7 of 40
O-day
New Contributor

yes as long as your util is 15% u will be good, try to even go lower if possible. The AMEX Zync i a great way to get ur foot in the door with  them. just always pay on time for everything, and then wait a year and apply for the amex blue, thats my goal, 10 more months to go!

Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the advice.  If anyone else has anything to add im willing to listen.

Message 9 of 40
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I'm about your age(20) and I recently got approved 2 months ago. I would highy suggest that you apply for one if you have good payment history.Remember Zync is for people in their 20's so Amex won't expect much history from you and charge cards are tend to be easier to obtain than AMEX revolving cards. Go apply, then tell us the result!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.