Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex adaptation to ones Usage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex adaptation to ones Usage

So how does Amex decide how to adapt to your spending over time. Is there a set amount one should stay under right after acquiring this card?

I use it normally as I did my debit card & credit card. Since they require payment almost 1.5 months later from the my activation date 12-25-2010 payment, statement close 12-10-2010 I am sure to run up close to 1000.00 + including bills, food etc etc

I keep reading people getting cut off without warning or declined, so I am curious how they decide to top your "no spending limit" 

I really don't want that to happen at a dinner or something embarrassing - would prefer to use the citi card if theres a top off you guys know from experience or word of mouth. 

I have the Zync Charge card

Thanks 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
pmbrian
Contributor

Re: Amex adaptation to ones Usage

I use my new AMEX as my Debit Card replacement and pay them weekly (if not more frequently), since I have the money anyway - I am racking up points but never have a high balance.  I did get FR'd 7 days after getting the card, but after a week it was completed and I still have "no spending" limit.  Oh and I have spent about $2600 this way already this month and only have like $400 which I will pay when the statement cuts.

I would think it would be based upon your income and usage/payment patterns.

03/25/20 - FICO 8 EQ - 709 TU - 717 EX - 718

09/02/19 - FICO 8 EQ - 702 TU - 699 EX - 714
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know with your history with them. I just used mine twice for a total of 50 dollars and paid it off as soon as both charges showed up. Not going to use it again for a couple weeks. I'm not trying to send off any red flags. a 1000 bucks you put on it already?

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I presume you are pushing the payments from your bank account to Amex because there is no option to Pay now even if i wanted to unless im missing something

thanks 

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

1000 bucks probably by mid Dec. close to the payment date 12-25

Message 5 of 25
pmbrian
Contributor

No, actually, once you have made a Pull payment via AMEX, then 30 days goes by, you can Pay Via AMEX website once per day!  It is very convienient and I have 2 different banks setup that I can Pull from.

03/25/20 - FICO 8 EQ - 709 TU - 717 EX - 718

09/02/19 - FICO 8 EQ - 702 TU - 699 EX - 714
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have only made one payment so far. I think I may wait a few weeks to use the card again. By that point I should be able to make a payment once a day if I wanted to. If you are running up that much money that quickly on the zync card I think you are high risk for FR.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you setup a PULL payment from amex? Is this an Auto Pay feature?

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just means you added your bank account and pull from it by making a payment via amex website.

a push payment would be a payment made on bill pay at your banks website

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm ok I do have my bank account setup already. However, still I am unable to post a payment it won't let me - says I don't have a balance. Dam n Blast I can see the bloody numbers!!

Sighhhh

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.