Established Member
amixzync

Amex adaptation to ones Usage

[ Edited ]

So how does Amex decide how to adapt to your spending over time. Is there a set amount one should stay under right after acquiring this card?

I use it normally as I did my debit card & credit card. Since they require payment almost 1.5 months later from the my activation date 12-25-2010 payment, statement close 12-10-2010 I am sure to run up close to 1000.00 + including bills, food etc etc

I keep reading people getting cut off without warning or declined, so I am curious how they decide to top your "no spending limit" 

I really don't want that to happen at a dinner or something embarrassing - would prefer to use the citi card if theres a top off you guys know from experience or word of mouth. 

I have the Zync Charge card

Thanks 

Contributor
pmbrian

Re: Amex adaptation to ones Usage

[ Edited ]

I use my new AMEX as my Debit Card replacement and pay them weekly (if not more frequently), since I have the money anyway - I am racking up points but never have a high balance.  I did get FR'd 7 days after getting the card, but after a week it was completed and I still have "no spending" limit.  Oh and I have spent about $2600 this way already this month and only have like $400 which I will pay when the statement cuts.

I would think it would be based upon your income and usage/payment patterns.

07/23/12 - EQ - 733

Low Point - 558 in late 2009
Working towards being debt free! FICO Goal: 700+ and debt free!
In my wallet - AMEX Green, Discover Platinum, BOA Alaska Airlines Signature
Established Contributor
gbishere

As far as I know with your history with them. I just used mine twice for a total of 50 dollars and paid it off as soon as both charges showed up. Not going to use it again for a couple weeks. I'm not trying to send off any red flags. a 1000 bucks you put on it already?

Established Member
amixzync

I presume you are pushing the payments from your bank account to Amex because there is no option to Pay now even if i wanted to unless im missing something

thanks 

Established Member
amixzync

1000 bucks probably by mid Dec. close to the payment date 12-25

Contributor
pmbrian

No, actually, once you have made a Pull payment via AMEX, then 30 days goes by, you can Pay Via AMEX website once per day!  It is very convienient and I have 2 different banks setup that I can Pull from.

07/23/12 - EQ - 733

Low Point - 558 in late 2009
Working towards being debt free! FICO Goal: 700+ and debt free!
In my wallet - AMEX Green, Discover Platinum, BOA Alaska Airlines Signature
Established Contributor
gbishere

I have only made one payment so far. I think I may wait a few weeks to use the card again. By that point I should be able to make a payment once a day if I wanted to. If you are running up that much money that quickly on the zync card I think you are high risk for FR.

Established Member
amixzync

How do you setup a PULL payment from amex? Is this an Auto Pay feature?

Established Contributor
gbishere

Just means you added your bank account and pull from it by making a payment via amex website.

a push payment would be a payment made on bill pay at your banks website

Established Member
amixzync

Hmm ok I do have my bank account setup already. However, still I am unable to post a payment it won't let me - says I don't have a balance. Dam n Blast I can see the bloody numbers!!

Sighhhh

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+