Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex & PayPal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex & PayPal

Hey guys- quick question. I'm looking to start my hobby (handbag restoration) into a part-time small business. The majority of my purchases thus far have been in-store from thrift/consignment shops, but I've found the best deals on eBay. Since eBay transactions go through PayPal, I've been wary of using my BCE for them, since I know Amex gets jumpy about PayPal transactions. Would these code differently from say, a money transfer through PayPal, and Amex wouldn't care? Or should I use a different card entirely?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex & PayPal

They freak out when you pay people through PayPal not verified businesses. Paying peeps with the same last name kind of thing.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used my Amex tons of times through Paypal/eBay and had no problems.

Message 3 of 5
thummel
Established Contributor

No one can say for sure. Some people never have issues and some have major issues with using Amex and PayPal. If you wanted to be safe you could use another card or if you want to try Amex give it a shot. But just be aware with Amex and PayPal is usually not a good mix.
Message 4 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I just personally choose not to use paypal and Amex from things I have read.  Have enough other cards such as Cap1 I choose to use that I know who doesn't mind paypal.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.