cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex & its stealth bonus.... (NASA-free thread)

tag
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: Amex & its stealth bonus.... (NASA-free thread)

Don't worry OP, I got the same thing too. I was approved on 7/1/2014, and within that month I spent over 1K, and it posted as what you got. LOL When I first saw it on mine I thought I was in trouble or headed for a FR because of the words "BAD" in the refund title. Smiley Embarassed

here's Mine:

http://prntscr.com/4qb25u

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

My BCE spending bonus came in the Reward Dollar section.

However last month-end there was a $40 statement credit. The CSR on chat didn't give a proper response but a mail came about 10 days later from AMEX. They've given credit for some purchasing thingy that was due in past blah blah. Couldn't really make out much from the letter but I wasn't complaining.

See?  The Reward Dollar section would be exactly the place I would have expected the bonus to be.  That section on my BCE account remains blank.  It makes no sense to me.  I pay obsessive attention to my credit cards, I notice things, how are "normal people" supposed to noticed they received the sigh-up bonus?

Back in 2013, mine showed up in Reward Dollars too.

That's interesting. Smiley Surprised

You know, the way Amex is doing this, they are exposing themselves that someone might claim they didn't receive their sign-up bonus and a confused CSR may end up giving another bonus.  I have been noticing that Amex right hand computer is very capable of not knowing what it's left hand computer is doing.  I have noticed this in several instances... The more I know Amex, the less scary I see it and the less I believe their reputation for all-knowing... 

Message 12 of 18
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Wait, are they actually allowing threads that are not NASA based? I thought it was a requirement now Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 18
elegia
New Contributor

Mine showed up in my Reward Dollars too (BCP 2013).

I went and checked the T&C in my file and it says this:

"$250 Welcome Bonus To qualify for the 250 Reward Dollar bonus, you must make purchases with your Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express that total $1,000 or more within your first 92 days of Cardmembership. The bonus will be awarded in the form of Reward Dollars, which will be added to your Reward Dollar balance 6-8 weeks after the spend threshold is met and can be redeemed at any time at a minimum of 25."

So it did say specifically that the bonus would be added to the Rewards Dollars balance. However, it also said 6-8 weeks and mine showed up almost immediately after reaching the threshold (before the first statement cut).

Message 14 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

How odd.   Back in April, my BCE bonus (only $50 Smiley Sad) showed up under Rewards Dollars, and I had to "order" the credit, just like you "order" the cash back

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

How odd.   Back in April, my BCE bonus (only $50 Smiley Sad) showed up under Rewards Dollars, and I had to "order" the credit, just like you "order" the cash back

Maybe they are going to surprise me, later on, with the "official" bonus, and this was just the guess-what-the-heck-this-extra-money-is initial bonus...  I am very capable of pretending I didn't get my BCE bonus, because I am actually not sure what this extra money is.

Message 16 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Maybe they are going to surprise me, later on, with the "official" bonus, and this was just the guess-what-the-heck-this-extra-money-is initial bonus...  I am very capable of pretending I didn't get my BCE bonus, because I am actually not sure what this extra money is.

That would be nice.   It does seem strange that Wal-Mart would be so appreciative of your overall AMEX spend, so I'm guessing there's just some sort of fluke in how the reward is posting.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BCE sign up bonus looked like a walmart refund too. Don't worry about it, just enjoy.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.