Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex & shoprunner

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Amex & shoprunner

I have shoprunner through one of my amex cards. I guess its the spg personal card, but I don't remember. When I signed up I thought it was a free one year trial and then after a year your card gets billed like amazon prime. However, when I logged in to my shoprunner account to cancel it, it does not appear to have a cost associated with it at all if you have the amex card. Did they change this or has it always been this way?How many here use or even knew about shoprunner?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex & shoprunner

My memory too was 1 year free trial.

I used it, but then the major place I used it, drugstore.com, was one of the first places with mins to get shoprunner shipping.   And since I use Amazon Prime for a lot of online stuff, shoprunner wasn't that important a perk.

Message 2 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

My memory too was 1 year free trial.

I used it, but then the major place I used it, drugstore.com, was one of the first places with mins to get shoprunner shipping.   And since I use Amazon Prime for a lot of online stuff, shoprunner wasn't that important a perk.

So I didn't imagine it, but it looks like it is an amex perk now, because other than the cancel button I see no place that talks about expiration date or which credit card will be charged etc. It just says amex under membership or something. I don't use it that much but it covers the domino's delivery charge. I don't have prime anymore since I refuse to pay for it due to lack of need for amazon shipping. 

;
Message 3 of 6
EddieK
Established Contributor

When I signed up earlier this year on my PRG, I didn't think it had an expiration.  I've used it a couple of times on drugstore.com and a few times with domino's.  I don't like that drugstore.com started the $35 minimum, but I guess my $2.89 orders for a bar of soap wasn't really cost effective for them Smiley Happy

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 4 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@EddieK wrote:

When I signed up earlier this year on my PRG, I didn't think it had an expiration.  I've used it a couple of times on drugstore.com and a few times with domino's.  I don't like that drugstore.com started the $35 minimum, but I guess my $2.89 orders for a bar of soap wasn't really cost effective for them Smiley Happy

Yea. I read through the amex info on shoprunnner and it appears to be free with qualified cards. 

;
Message 5 of 6
steel_string
Regular Contributor

I signed up well over a year ago, and there was nothing about a trial period at that time.

Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.