Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Amazon Prime

tag
MMB85
Contributor

Re: Amex and Amazon Prime

I love Netflix. I am a huge documentary person and Netflix has amazing ones. They have a great selection of TV shows, and every once in a while a great movie will pop up. Netflix has been stepping their game up lately. I tried Hulu and it was garbage. 

Message 21 of 28
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

And if you already have an Amex, it's a SP for a new approved card, right?

And House of Cards comes back FEB 14!

now that is big news! haha.

HP if approved, SP if decline.

Message 22 of 28
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

@MMB85 wrote:

I love Netflix. I am a huge documentary person and Netflix has amazing ones. They have a great selection of TV shows, and every once in a while a great movie will pop up. Netflix has been stepping their game up lately. I tried Hulu and it was garbage. 

yes they do and me too!  I think I use to drive my DW nuts with documentaries, but there are some really interesting subjects.  Also we like Cat From Hell (animal planet) and a lot of the Discovery ID shows.  

But we also cancelled cable half a decade ago and don't watch any of the local channels  either, so it's Neflix or occasional purchase of a movie or series.

Message 23 of 28
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I didn't notice this benefit when I applied for the amex BCP, but its actually is paying off fairly well for me. If you apply for amex plat, BCP, BCE or Gold Business you can get a credit for one year of Amazon Prime (assuming you meet your initial spend requirement), which is a $79 value. Its a nice little perk for a card I was getting anyway for other reasons. Not sure when amex started adding this as part of their offer.

I don't know if you knew this, But if you have American Express, You can sign up for shoprunner for 100% Free. It's like amazon prime, But for a bunch of other websites... The one I use it on the most is NewEgg. But it also has offers from dominos (I believe) and like 40 other online retailers for free 2-day shipping.

So my pizza is guaranteed to be delivered in 2 days?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 24 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I didn't notice this benefit when I applied for the amex BCP, but its actually is paying off fairly well for me. If you apply for amex plat, BCP, BCE or Gold Business you can get a credit for one year of Amazon Prime (assuming you meet your initial spend requirement), which is a $79 value. Its a nice little perk for a card I was getting anyway for other reasons. Not sure when amex started adding this as part of their offer.

I don't know if you knew this, But if you have American Express, You can sign up for shoprunner for 100% Free. It's like amazon prime, But for a bunch of other websites... The one I use it on the most is NewEgg. But it also has offers from dominos (I believe) and like 40 other online retailers for free 2-day shipping.

Not guaranteed (bad weather might delay) but best effort aiming for 2 days.   Why, is that a problem?

Message 25 of 28
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Not guaranteed (bad weather might delay) but best effort aiming for 2 days.   Why, is that a problem?

It might be a little cold...

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 26 of 28
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Well, if it turns Blue, I might like it even more.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 27 of 28
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Well, if it turns Blue, I might like it even more.

That's one super cooled pizza.... (side note, I like the free delivery when I'm on campus and everyone pitches in a couple bucks for some pizzas...I may or may not end up getting mine paid for... Smiley Very Happy )

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.