Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Costco ,Hints!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex and Costco ,Hints!

Exactly. Nobody really knows what's going on.
Message 41 of 66
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Between snail mail and email, I've been getting 3-4 offers/month from AMEX. Way more than usual, so the push is on to get us (TE only users) signed to another hunk of AMEX plastic.

Message 42 of 66
dollar_bill
Regular Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

Between snail mail and email, I've been getting 3-4 offers/month from AMEX. Way more than usual, so the push is on to get us (TE only users) signed to another hunk of AMEX plastic.

This makes sense, if I am understanding you correctly. You're only AMEX card is a TE? I have two AMEX cards and have seen zero offers besides the usual. They are targeting customers who are only tied into the TE to avoid a total loss. Hell, maybe it's a spend issue, they have all the data so they know the reasons. Good info though.

Message 43 of 66
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

However ! they will let us know in written as soon as the BCE card options become available. I then asked him about the BCP if we had the option, he said yes, you would just have to pay the AF.

Hopefully there are other options for existing BCP and BCE holders.  I have no interest in the BCE or even a second BCP.

However, as stated above, nothing has been announced though there's plenty of speculation in many threads on many sites about this matter.  We'll see when AmEx actually says something concrete.

Message 44 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. Everything is just heresay except for what was already announced.
Message 45 of 66
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

When Cap One replaced Amex in Canada's Costcos people had to apply for the new Cap One cards. They had signup lists in the stores. There was a fair amount of chaos at the time with some people not getting cards in a timely manner.

The deal with Citi is different and requires Amex and Citi to negotiate purchasing of the accounts. This will probably result in Costco members just getting Citi cards as replacements. However, the details won't be known until the negotiations complete and Citi announces how their cards will be issued. I believe it is highly unlikely that any backdating would carry over. More likely the date opened would be used and it is quite possible that they could even report as new accounts.

I wasn't able to determine whether the Cap One Costco cards used the date opened or reported as new accounts. Perhaps someone has found that info.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 46 of 66
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Not visa but citi visa only
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 47 of 66
akabigo
Contributor

@juniornj23 wrote:
Not visa but citi visa only

What are you talking about Citi Visa only? Costco will accept ALL VISA cards when they make the switch, not just the co-branded Citi card. Since you didn't quote anything, it's hard to know what you meant with this comment.

Fico scores 800+
Message 48 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

so not so good news, spoke on the phone with an amex rep again. im pretty sure they know me by now by caller ID. So the lady was saying that amex is contracted with costco as soon as their relationship ends the card will no longer work and that you will have to apply for another amex card. Offers will be given, but no product change. I asked her does this mean that our TL will be gone she said....yes. This sucks because its my oldest TL 10 years!!! and now no backdating **bleep** man... Im hoping shes lying because she was on a recorded line. Does anyone know if the chat line is recorded as well? I wrote to two people and they told me that in fact a PC will be available down the road in writing for the TE card...not a good day...i give up man...just let it ride

Message 49 of 66
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so not so good news, spoke on the phone with an amex rep again. im pretty sure they know me by now by caller ID. So the lady was saying that amex is contracted with costco as soon as their relationship ends the card will no longer work and that you will have to apply for another amex card. Offers will be given, but no product change. I asked her does this mean that our TL will be gone she said....yes. This sucks because its my oldest TL 10 years!!! and now no backdating **bleep** man... Im hoping shes lying because she was on a recorded line. Does anyone know if the chat line is recorded as well? I wrote to two people and they told me that in fact a PC will be available down the road in writing for the TE card...not a good day...i give up man...just let it ride

Don't expect frontline CSRs to know anything about what's going to happen in a situation like this until 2 months after the situation is over with. Even once the transition happens, a good majority of the CSRs will have NO IDEA what they are talking about. These people aren't paid to know about things like this. They're there to help you if your card doesn't work, or if you lose it, or if you want a CLI. 

Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.