Did you mean: 

Amex and Costco ,Hints!

tag
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Re: Amex and Costco ,Hints!

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought so but racer said "you would just have to pay an annual fee."

That was in reference to PCing to the BCP.

Message 11 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why they just don't keep the current card and just revamp the reward structure. I have no interest in the BCE or the Citi card.
Message 12 of 66
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't understand why they just don't keep the current card and just revamp the reward structure. I have no interest in the BCE or the Citi card.

Pretty sure the deal is contingent on Citi aquiring the portfolio. Obviously AMEX wants to minimize how much swipe revenue they will lose, so they are looking to convert as many as possible near that contract end date.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 13 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is correct "longtime_lucker"
Message 14 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. So they want people to switch before Citi takes over. Duh. Moving along...lol.
Message 15 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tjhallow 😉
Message 16 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your an employee of Costco? Have you heard anything about the new citi card?
Message 17 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a BCP so wouldn't need a BCE (I don't think). But can the BCE be PC'd into something else down the line? 

Message 18 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am and what ive heard.. Could be rumours but, I heard that our percentage for cash back would be greater somakes sense, not sure but I keep hearing 5% on gas only thing is that citi doesn't give large CLI like Amex does so take that into consideration I've heard people transferring their TE into other Amex cards and leaving them at a low cl because of this issue
Message 19 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure it could tortoise wins.. It's not considered a co-brand card but not too sure on that.
Message 20 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.