cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

I received new Amex and Discover cards just over a month ago and neither have reported to any of the CBs yet.. 

When would they normally report a newly opened account?

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

About the second statement closing date.

Message 2 of 9
aldejesus
Valued Member

My Amex account reported with the second statement. (Don't have discover)

Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

AMEX could take up to 2 statement not sure about discover

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
RSCo
Established Contributor

WOW.... All my other new ones reported in just about 2 weeks, except for Amex and Discover.. I have a 3k balance transfer to discover so I'm in no rush with that one.. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  Thanks..

Message 5 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

@RSCo wrote:

WOW.... All my other new ones reported in just about 2 weeks, except for Amex and Discover.. I have a 3k balance transfer to discover so I'm in no rush with that one.. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  Thanks..

BofA tends to report immediately, while the waiting time for Chase and Citi varies between 3 days and 3 weeks Robot tongue

Message 6 of 9
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

It took two months (or basically 2 statements) for my Discover to report.  It seems like they are even slower for monthly reporting Smiley Frustrated.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 9
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

It took two months (or basically 2 statements) for my Discover to report.  It seems like they are even slower for monthly reporting Smiley Frustrated.

sweet.. that will give me some time to pay down a 3k transfer I did to it with a 5k limit...  thanks..

Message 8 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

@RSCo wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

sweet.. that will give me some time to pay down a 3k transfer I did to it with a 5k limit...  thanks..

Discover is known to report mid-cycle sometimes, so be careful about that! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.