cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

Established Contributor

Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

I received new Amex and Discover cards just over a month ago and neither have reported to any of the CBs yet.. 

 

When would they normally report a newly opened account?

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES
Blogger

Re: Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

About the second statement closing date.

 

Message 2 of 9
Valued Member

Re: Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

My Amex account reported with the second statement. (Don't have discover)

Message 3 of 9
Super Contributor

Re: Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

AMEX could take up to 2 statement not sure about discover

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
Established Contributor

Re: Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

WOW.... All my other new ones reported in just about 2 weeks, except for Amex and Discover.. I have a 3k balance transfer to discover so I'm in no rush with that one.. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  Thanks..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 5 of 9
Blogger

Re: Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?


RSCo wrote:

WOW.... All my other new ones reported in just about 2 weeks, except for Amex and Discover.. I have a 3k balance transfer to discover so I'm in no rush with that one.. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  Thanks..


BofA tends to report immediately, while the waiting time for Chase and Citi varies between 3 days and 3 weeks Robot tongue

 

Message 6 of 9
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?

It took two months (or basically 2 statements) for my Discover to report.  It seems like they are even slower for monthly reporting Smiley Frustrated.


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?


Rhaeny wrote:

It took two months (or basically 2 statements) for my Discover to report.  It seems like they are even slower for monthly reporting Smiley Frustrated.


sweet.. that will give me some time to pay down a 3k transfer I did to it with a 5k limit...  thanks..

 

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 8 of 9
Blogger

Re: Amex and Discover New Account Reporting.... When?


RSCo wrote:

Rhaeny wrote:

It took two months (or basically 2 statements) for my Discover to report.  It seems like they are even slower for monthly reporting Smiley Frustrated.


sweet.. that will give me some time to pay down a 3k transfer I did to it with a 5k limit...  thanks..

 


Discover is known to report mid-cycle sometimes, so be careful about that! Smiley Wink

 

Message 9 of 9