Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Discover credit report pulling

tag
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Amex and Discover credit report pulling

I recently applied for Amex BCE, it was denied and I just got the letter from Amex explaining the reason and they used a report from February; I applied in April. Anyone have any experience with this? Can you ask them to pull an updated report? I'm a current card member so it wasn't a hard pull, but if I ask them to pull an updated report will it result in a HP no matter the outcome?

Same thing with Discover....I asked for CLI they used an outdated report. I'm guessing if I ask them to it will be a HP for sure. Thoughts?

I have balances reporting 0 that were maxed out on the old reports, as well as my last baddie that has been removed. Two reasons both were declined was presence of a collection and high utilization. Should I try to recon these or leave well enough alone? Amex I know I can reapply in about 60 days so I can probably wait other balances will be better, but with discover being every 6 months if I don't recon will I have to wait another 6 months to ask for CLI?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex and Discover credit report pulling

@JustJen wrote:
I recently applied for Amex BCE, it was denied and I just got the letter from Amex explaining the reason and they used a report from February; I applied in April. Anyone have any experience with this? Can you ask them to pull an updated report? I'm a current card member so it wasn't a hard pull, but if I ask them to pull an updated report will it result in a HP no matter the outcome? You can tell them to HP. I'm not sure why they used a old report, Odd!!!!

Same thing with Discover....I asked for CLI they used an outdated report. I'm guessing if I ask them to it will be a HP for sure. Thoughts? Same as above, it will be a HP. 

I have balances reporting 0 that were maxed out on the old reports, as well as my last baddie that has been removed. Two reasons both were declined was presence of a collection and high utilization. Should I try to recon these or leave well enough alone? Amex I know I can reapply in about 60 days so I can probably wait other balances will be better, but with discover being every 6 months if I don't recon will I have to wait another 6 months to ask for CLI? You can call the recon department and explain they used a old credit report and that it has gotten better for you in the past month. 

Thanks!

Good luck!!!

DaBears!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.