Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Experian

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Amex and Experian

Comments on the board seem to indicate that Amex pulls Experian. If Experian is frozen, will they pull another bureau or simply decline the app?

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Amex and Experian

@Cotton_Britches wrote:

Comments on the board seem to indicate that Amex pulls Experian. If Experian is frozen, will they pull another bureau or simply decline the app?

That's an answer Im looking for also. AMEX is very keen on EX. But they have pulled TU before.

Message 2 of 14
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Good question. They pulled my EQ. Why not just call the 1-800 # and ask?

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

@MissExcellentCredit wrote:

Good question. They pulled my EQ. Why not just call the 1-800 # and ask?

I have asked that before and even the credit analust said that they didnt know what the system would pull. So I wouldn't be too set on AMEX pulling exclusively EX

But doesnt hurt to give them a call. At least you won't get peggy on the other end Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Would AmEx want you to grant them access to EX? Do CCCs/their analysts wonder why the freeze?
Message 5 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

AMEX will only pull TU and EQ if your EX report is near border-line bad. Not sure what happens if you freeze it.

Message 6 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

AMEX will only pull TU and EQ if your EX report is near border-line bad. Not sure what happens if you freeze it.

My EX had more baddies when I applied and my EX FICO was about 25 points lower thant my TU and EQ. They still only pulled EX (it wasn't frozen)

Message 7 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

When I got my Zync my history is pretty thin, so they pulled TU and EQ as well. Instant approved online.

Message 8 of 14
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

CS, did you get a charge or revolver? It seems AmEx will usually only pull EX for charge, but may pull others in addition for revolvers.
Message 9 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
CS, did you get a charge or revolver? It seems AmEx will usually only pull EX for charge, but may pull others in addition for revolvers.

They pulled EX only for the charge and the revolver (BCE)

the charge was the first AMEX the BCE came 4 months later

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.