Did you mean: 

Amex and W-2

tag
core
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex and W-2

@longtimelurker wrote:
So then the question is whether Amex would accept two transcripts

If they did accept two transcripts then that would make the whole FR process a joke.  "Hey Amex, I've got this rich uncle... Why don't you pull his transcripts too, he'll gladly sign the form."

I agree with takeshi74, it's wise to spend a short while and get this stuff sorted out before one applies.  Otherwise you might find yourself in a very unpleasant situation later.  If you get FR'd, it won't matter to you how unlikely some random people on the forum said it was a couple years ago.  You will have some explaining to do to Amex.  Low probability of an event happening doesn't mean you blissfully pretend it's not there.  I put on a seat belt for the unlikely event that I get in a wreck.  I have a fire extinguisher in my home in case my girlfriend who likes to play with matches sets the place ablaze.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

It's not just FR's but income verifications as well.  Everyone should consider what evidence they'll provide for income verification when applying.

How often does AE ask for income verification?

Message 12 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@core wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:
So then the question is whether Amex would accept two transcripts

If they did accept two transcripts then that would make the whole FR process a joke.  "Hey Amex, I've got this rich uncle... Why don't you pull his transcripts too, he'll gladly sign the form."

Not really.   They COULD be clever, but it's probably easier just to have a standard process.  My guess is that filing a joint return is taken as good evidence that the income is accessible to you.  If you could submit two returns, they could ask for things like a shared bank account statement, proof of fund transfer etc.   So it's just a matter of simplicity rather than the idea being totally flawed.

Message 13 of 20
ShermanOaks
Established Member

I always state 100K. 

I tried the CLi and it triggered a 4506-T request. 

Tempted to sign and send 4506T as jointly we make over 350K. 

Still undecided. 

American Express: PR Gold, Platinum (AU), Starwood Preferred (38K), SPG Business (75K)
Chase:CSP (38.5K) United Visa AU (35K)
Citi: Costco (35K)

Message 14 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

It's not just FR's but income verifications as well.  Everyone should consider what evidence they'll provide for income verification when applying.

How often does AE ask for income verification?

They will request copies of tax transcripts via Form 4506-T 

eta: The frequency is anybody's guess.  It can be during a FR or when asking for a cli 

Message 15 of 20
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@ShermanOaks wrote:

I always state 100K. 

Still undecided. 

Tell them you'll return it ONLY if they record the reps face when viewing your transcripts.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sccredit wrote:

@ShermanOaks wrote:

I always state 100K. 

Still undecided. 

Tell them you'll return it ONLY if they record the reps face when viewing your transcripts.  Smiley Very Happy

@sccredit: I doubt they would catch anything funny on tapes. While 350k is relatively high income for an American household, the "record reps" at Amex are bound to see bigger numbers on a daily basis. 

@Skye12329: Be honest about income, but don't be overly worried about it. I tend to underestimate income. For me it's easy because I am unmarried and I just list my income. I am not sure about partner income and whether that falls within household income (spousal income does). So you might want to look into that before putting a number down. As others have stated, FRs and other verifications are not very common. However, you should be able to substantiate whatever you put down just in case. 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now, of course, don't do crazy stuff.  Whatever you see our fellow member LongTimeLurker do, for example, don't do it.  

Yes, I always listen to elPattoFeo and you should too.    Oh oh, that old paradox again....

You listen to "the ugly duckling" ?

Smiley Happy

Everybody listens to "the ugly duckling"!!!  Unfortunately, not everybody follows "the ugly duckling," so they will never be a beautiful swan...  Oh, well...

Message 18 of 20
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone, i will think probably end up going for BCP once my scores hit mid 700s
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you asked them this question without giving any of your personal information they probably noted your account and if you were never going to get FR you probably will eventually now because theres suspicion.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.