Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Western Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex and Western Union

Without going into too much detail, I have excellent credit but a severely financially stressed mother. She is 9 months behind on her mortgage, failed the loan remodification trial period, and her car is about to be repossessed. The charge off balance on her GMC is 3,100. It is worth KBB 24k. I want to pay off the balance and transfer the title to myself in order to prevent liquidation following her unpaid credit cards. The car is her only asset, and as soon as I pay it off creditors will likely garnish it if it remains in her name. How can I used my Amex with 0% interest to pay the 3,100? The debt collectors will only accept WU or Moneygram, whereas she has bounced checks before. But will send a lien release and title on recipient of payment. I have 2,000 in my checking, 12,000 in a Roth, and a paid off IS250. I cannot save her house, but I may be able to save the car. Im willing to trade mothers too.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex and Western Union

western union and moneygram accept credit card payments! im not sure on the daily limits as they very! i would cotact the WU or MG customer sevice for futher information!

Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 2 of 15
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Just be ready for a FR if any of those companies show up on your Amex statement.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 15
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Western Union doesnt accept AMEX. You have to use Visa, Master or Discover. You can paypal using your AMEX and I have done it atleast 10-15 times this year.. It didnt trigger any FR for me till now.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's a FR? Also, will Amex recognize this as a cash advance, thus nullifying the 0% APR?
Message 5 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Financial Review.   Amex is notorious for this.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 15
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1000000000000000000

Message 7 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Without going into too much detail, I have excellent credit but a severely financially stressed mother. She is 9 months behind on her mortgage, failed the loan remodification trial period, and her car is about to be repossessed. The charge off balance on her GMC is 3,100. It is worth KBB 24k. I want to pay off the balance and transfer the title to myself in order to prevent liquidation following her unpaid credit cards. The car is her only asset, and as soon as I pay it off creditors will likely garnish it if it remains in her name. How can I used my Amex with 0% interest to pay the 3,100? The debt collectors will only accept WU or Moneygram, whereas she has bounced checks before. But will send a lien release and title on recipient of payment. I have 2,000 in my checking, 12,000 in a Roth, and a paid off IS250. I cannot save her house, but I may be able to save the car. Im willing to trade mothers too.

You do not want WU or Moneygram appear anywhere on your AMEX statement. You could take out some money from your Roth and use it as money order to pay off the debt?

Message 8 of 15
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You do not want WU or Moneygram appear anywhere on your AMEX statement. You could take out some money from your Roth and use it as money order to pay off the debt?

+1000000000000

And I am almost certain it will be coded as cash advance.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although that is a possible idea, taking out money from my Roth may hold additional implications. That isn't an option. I can come up with 3,100 in cash, but it will take me a month, and by that time in afraid they will have repossessed it by then. If a vehicle is locked in a garage will they force entry? Or are they limited to open commons?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.