Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Western Union

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex and Western Union

@Anonymous wrote:
Although that is a possible idea, taking out money from my Roth may hold additional implications. That isn't an option. I can come up with 3,100 in cash, but it will take me a month, and by that time in afraid they will have repossessed it by then. If a vehicle is locked in a garage will they force entry? Or are they limited to open commons?

They can get a court order and ask local police to enforce it, by then locked garage won't be able to stop them.

Message 11 of 15
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Don´t you have another card you could use? Even so it may not have a 0% APR.

Using Amexco for WU or Moneygramm will most certainly give you lots of problems. I understand, that you want to help your mother and ofc save the car. Esp. for it is worth that much. But you really do not want a FR from Amexco, if you can avoid it.

Wouldn´t it be able for you, to use the card for normal expenses and not PIF at the end of the months? So you could use that money for the carpayment.

And once they have a court order, you cannot stop them from taking it.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 12 of 15
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:
Just be ready for a FR if any of those companies show up on your Amex statement.

This.

Use other CC to pay for it. Just link it up on paypal.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 13 of 15
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

any other family members or close friends that can loan you the extra 1k? 

im sure they would understand the situation. 

i tried to do the same with my car taxes and toyota only accepts checks and or debit cards/ bank accounts to pay. so i couldnt get any cash back on that =/ 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 14 of 15
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Is the Amex 0% on just purchases or balance transfers too?

If you can (and still get the promo rate) I would cash advance another card that isn't so easy to spook and then balance transfer immediately to Amex.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.