Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and their teasers

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Amex and their teasers

I logged on to my Amex account today and I see that I am "pre-approved" for the blue cash preferred mind you i have been shot down for this very card twice so i figured what the hell 3rd times a charm and click the link and enter my details and I get the message that they are currently updating their system..... ugh what gives???

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex and their teasers

Where do you find the "pre-approved" link???

Thanks!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 7
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

when I sign on and click on view all personal cards I had the option to upgrade to the plat and it had a light blue box that said pre-approved above the BCP and the BSP now its gone it happens every couple of weeks for me....... ahhh if only i didnt have so many inq's

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 3 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

when I sign on and click on view all personal cards I had the option to upgrade to the plat and it had a light blue box that said pre-approved above the BCP and the BSP now its gone it happens every couple of weeks for me....... ahhh if only i didnt have so many inq's

Well whaddaya know? I just did what you said, and it shows that I'm preapproved for either the gold or platinum Delta Sky Miles! I'm not going to go for it, though. When I do fly, I fly JetBlue. I don't need the inq or an Amex revolver right now. But, it feels really good to see that they like me. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

Well whaddaya know? I just did what you said, and it shows that I'm preapproved for either the gold or platinum Delta Sky Miles! I'm not going to go for it, though. When I do fly, I fly JetBlue. I don't need the inq or an Amex revolver right now. But, it feels really good to see that they like me. Smiley Happy

And I logged back in to take another look, and the preapproval is gone.    ?????

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 7
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Thats the way it's been with me when I have tried but every time it tells me that they are updating the system or my cvv number doesn't match what's on file I think they are sitting around watching it happen just to get a laugh......... who knows

Message 6 of 7
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I have the option to upgrade to the platinum delta or delta reserve

It's my understanding that you can't do that until you pay your first annual fee though. Something about not being able to change the annual fee on a new account or something

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.