Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex app decision

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Amex app decision

@-Cain- wrote:
My second app was cancelled after my first was declined in October. Zync declined, Costco TE cancelled...applied within minutes of each other.

You didn't get either?

Also were the inqs removed?

Trying to confirm that AMEX would pull to hard if one app for a revolver and a charge. In the event one gets declined, is the hard pull removed?

Message 11 of 22
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

If I recall correctly, I applied for the Costco first and received some sort of processing message as they had to verify my membership in order to continue. I immediately applied for Zync and was declined. A few days later I received notice that the Costco app was cancelled after the Zync denial, no further inquiry pulled.
Message 12 of 22
dharalex
Established Contributor

I believe I read some inaccurate info. At least in my case, I applied for the Blue and the Gold Premier Rewards on the same day, both online. I was instantly approved and it was only 1 hard pull on EX. I did receive invitations to apply for both. From reading MANY threads and my own experience, i think it's very unlikely to have more than 1 inq if done on the same day.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 13 of 22
stone
Regular Contributor

@arsenal04 wrote:

You can also see if you are pre-qualified for any cards on AMEX's site.  Plug in you info and see how what goes.  It is a SP for the pre-approval.

Are you sure it is a SP if prequalified? got three RSVP mails yet.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to spend a paltry amount on groceries in order for the BCE to be better than tnhe BCP

Message 15 of 22
arsenal04
New Contributor

@stone wrote:

@arsenal04 wrote:

You can also see if you are pre-qualified for any cards on AMEX's site.  Plug in you info and see how what goes.  It is a SP for the pre-approval.

I was refering to the pre-approval on their website.  If you check you pre-approval status on the AMEX website it is a SP.  It will be a HP if you apply for a card.

Message 16 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

@arsenal04 wrote:

@stone wrote:

@arsenal04 wrote:

I was refering to the pre-approval on their website.  If you check you pre-approval status on the AMEX website it is a SP.  It will be a HP if you apply for a card.

I thought they just checked there internal database for that

Message 17 of 22
dnice77
Regular Contributor

I read somewhere that if you were denied for your initial application that all subsequent apps would be automatically denied.

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to apply 3 times in a row in order to get an application to not show up cancelled after I had already been denied. Went like t his:

8 AM:

apply blue

hard pull

denied

10AM:

apply zync 

no pull

cancelled, "blah blah we must use our original decision to deny or w/e"

10:30AM

apply zync

no pull

cancelled again

11 AM

apply zync

in progress.

hard pull, eventually denied.

Message 19 of 22
sandsanta
Contributor

Go ahead and apply for BCE.  I very much doubt you'll get declined unless your income is very low.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.