Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex app "in progress"

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Amex app "in progress"

App for an Amex revolver the same day I was approved for the Ihg card....denied online then called for recon.  Status on the web site shows "in progress".  Calls have not made any difference.....been about a week.  Anybody with similar experiences please share results.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Amex app "in progress"

@ecxpa wrote:

App for an Amex revolver the same day I was approved for the Ihg card....denied online then called for recon.  Status on the web site shows "in progress".  Calls have not made any difference.....been about a week.  Anybody with similar experiences please share results.

it will not update on the website automatically. for some reason this seems to happen all the time for recons.

you will need to call in for the recon results, and once you're done with the phone call, the results should be updated online then.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 8
H4LO
Established Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

Did you app today? 

I apped for my AMEX Platinum on a Friday night and wasn't approved until Monday. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 3 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Applied about a week ago....called yx and CSR said application denied because I had been denied another application within the pas 30 days.....that's why I reconned in the first place.......called the EO, rep there said my application was being reconsidered.......who knows!

Message 4 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

Applied about a week ago....called yx and CSR said application denied because I had been denied another application within the pas 30 days.....that's why I reconned in the first place.......called the EO, rep there said my application was being reconsidered.......who knows!

have you tried calling again today?

just call regular application status number. No need to call EO.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Did call earlier tonight.....same story.    Guess its hard to recon Amex.

Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

Did call earlier tonight.....same story.    Guess its hard to recon Amex.

do you mean it's still pending, or the recon results is still denied?

With Amex, it's generally hard to appeal the initial decision, unless there was an error in your credit reports. Doesn't mean it's impossible though.

Message 7 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

They said it was denied when I called the application line.......guess I'll have to be content with my Amex green card for a while.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.