Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex app, then cli...or cli, then app?

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Amex app, then cli...or cli, then app?

So I am applying for a new Amex card, and my BCE is eligible for a cli. The thing is, I don't know when the last time they softed me was. As long as it was after the 5th of this month, and they have, in fact, done it, then my CRs are in perfect position. My question is this: In the event that I apply for a new card, does that credit pull become the one that they use to make a determination about a cli? Or do they still go off of the last time they softed me for an AR?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex app, then cli...or cli, then app?

@Swapmeet wrote:

So I am applying for a new Amex card, and my BCE is eligible for a cli. The thing is, I don't know when the last time they softed me was. As long as it was after the 5th of this month, and they have, in fact, done it, then my CRs are in perfect position. My question is this: In the event that I apply for a new card, does that credit pull become the one that they use to make a determination about a cli? Or do they still go off of the last time they softed me for an AR?

hummmmmmm i would say they will use  your new card app pull.... if you give it a lil time and don't do it all the same day ( not 100 % sure tho)

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 3
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex app, then cli...or cli, then app?

This is something I've been wondering, too.......been thinking of app'ing for the SPG card....but my BCE (or BCP) will be up for the 61-day CLI around mid-Feb. (or early March).  Will app'ing for another AmEx before then hurt my chance for any potential CLI's?  My last hp on EX was with AmEx (when app'ing for the BCP).  I figured it may be better to wait until after the 61-day CLI request.  However, if I could get approved for the SPG in January, this would maximize its backdating vs. waiting a couple months (?)....

TIA for any advice....and GL OP with your CLI and/or app!  Smiley Happy

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.