Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex application asking for 4506-t

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex application asking for 4506-t

They will like your last years income, and just say you got a raise to explain the current $120k.

I think even without a score, they may be able to offer you cards.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 19
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

I see no issues with you getting your foot in the door with AMEX after you've done your legwork.  Unless you had previous history with them and it went afoul.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No previous history. I have a feeling I will be approved being that they mentioned it twice over the phone although maybe it was a flub. Maybe they intend to approve if my tax returns match my application. Fingers crossed. I want to limit my debit card to only withdrawing cash.

Also, if they approve the blue card app, do I need to go through the same business with requesting another tax return to complete my gold card app or can they just use the same info?
Message 13 of 19
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

They like your income, so I wouldn't fret. It's just playing the waiting game now. Keep watching that status page!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. Havent had a credit card since I was preyed upon in college and swore not to hand them over any more of my money.
I know I'll be in need of excellent credit in the future though so now im obsessed with having the best possible score.
Will let you know what happens
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED!

For the blue card at least. I want to try and get my application approved for the gold card and I'm all set. Will I have an easier time now that my tax returns are on file or do I have to go through the same process?

I also want to switch the blue card from blue to blue cash everyday. That shouldn't be a problem, right?

Thanks guys

Message 16 of 19
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're pulling my info from the blue card app to try and apply it to the gold card. CSR told me I have an $8k CL on the blue. Sweet!

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED!... for the green card. Looks like they used my 4506-t for the green application instead of the premier gold. Told them to apply it to the gold card... I just want to try the gold for a year since it's 25k pts and better rewards w/ no fee for the first year. Hopefully this will not be a problem. I also hope customer service for members is a bit more helpful than the new account reps.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.