Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex applied for 2 cards within one week

tag
dbatl14
Contributor

Amex applied for 2 cards within one week

I read on the boards that when apping for Amex within a short amount of time that your chances to get approved may be higher and that they may only use the already pull CR.

I was approved for the Amex Everyday about a week ago. I wanted to get a Business Charge card and read that if you do those two since they are different products it may not be a problem.

I got declined for the Amex Gold Business, but when I submitted it says the "your application is processing but need to further review". I never got an email or anything, so I went to the application status link and I saw it was declined, it also has a link to see the full explanation but when I clicked it, it stated "Can't access your applicatin, try later".

So I am curious to know if my application is simply in a manual review queue and it could be approved since it's the weekend (saw that that department is only open during the week). Should I call recon or is it just a waste of my time. Just build my repoire with Amex on my Everday and then try again at a later date?

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Amex applied for 2 cards within one week

@dbatl14 wrote:

I read on the boards that when apping for Amex within a short amount of time that your chances to get approved may be higher and that they may only use the already pull CR.

I was approved for the Amex Everyday about a week ago. I wanted to get a Business Charge card and read that if you do those two since they are different products it may not be a problem.

I got declined for the Amex Gold Business, but when I submitted it says the "your application is processing but need to further review". I never got an email or anything, so I went to the application status link and I saw it was declined, it also has a link to see the full explanation but when I clicked it, it stated "Can't access your applicatin, try later".

So I am curious to know if my application is simply in a manual review queue and it could be approved since it's the weekend (saw that that department is only open during the week). Should I call recon or is it just a waste of my time. Just build my repoire with Amex on my Everday and then try again at a later date?

First. no. its only a rumor. appying for two cards in short time does not mean other card will get higher limit. and Second. if you see declined on the application page. it is a decline. regardless of accessing the further explination or not. you could call and recon. thats about it. or show some history with them to increase you internal limit with amex. Also the Gold card. Business or not. is a charge card. which is npsl. no personal limit. but must be paid in full every 30 days. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
dbatl14
Contributor

Thanks taxi818!

That's the reason why I wanted the Amex Business Gold as a Charge Card versus Credit. Didn't want to carry balances and I really was looking at the rewards that come with the card from travel, advertising, gas, and hard and software rewards.

Well I guess I attest that apping for two different products (Charge Business and Credit Personal) has no bearing on outcome. As one was approved and the other wasn't.

I just wait, I was just excited as I thought that a charge card would be easier to get than a revolving.

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 3 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well it appears that was the mistake. Since you already got approved for the Revolver. it would have been easier to go for a personal charge card. instead of a business charge card. The personal CArd has easier underwriting standards than the revolver. More than likely would have  been easier approval for the personl charge card. which you could have used in your business. without the limitations of an actual credit limit. something to think about. if im not mistaken. because you were declined. it is more than likely just a SP anyway. and you may be free to apply for the personal Charge card instead of the business. depeding on the reason for decline when you get the letter.

Edit i got my Delta. Then 4 days later when for the Green. which i still have. but don't use. it was instant. in most cases the business will be used More Frequently. . and the verification is much tougher. Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
dbatl14
Contributor

I just got my decline letter.

One of the reasons stated that "The short period of time you have been a customer with Amex".

so I guess if you never been a customer with them, you should wait until you build a relationship with them before applying for a new card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.