Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex at $54k now what?

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: Amex at $54k now what?

re: But how high a limit do you really need (with Amex and the other banks).   Here, people seem to want big CLs for the sake of having them, rather than any specific need.

I agree.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 11 of 23
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats 2 ya... if that's what u want or need.. awesome limits...
+2 on previous comments....

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's interesting. I thought it was only after 25k?

People do say that rather a lot around here... 

...people are frequently incorrect.

You can go far over $25k without a FR (or even a 4506-T non-FR request).

Or you could have an FR at $1k.

This.

Message 13 of 23
Marcos8
Established Contributor

What's the highest limit that still counts towards your revolving utilization? 

Message 14 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@KillerCut wrote:

we look at it more as a way to open doors to bigger limits at other banks. honestly the amex cards get the lowest usage. chase cards have better perks in my opinion. the only amex that got some serious usage was the costco card for obvious reasons. heh.

But how high a limit do you really need (with Amex and the other banks).   Here, people seem to want big CLs for the sake of having them, rather than any specific need.

Plus, if your wife is getting instant approvals for cards she doesn't want (except for showing high CL experience), those new accounts may discourage Chase from issuing any new cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcos8 wrote:

What's the highest limit that still counts towards your revolving utilization? 

I would assume any limit would count towards revolving utilization.

Message 16 of 23
Marcos8
Established Contributor

I think I remember that some Fico models only factor in cards up to a certain CL and that anything above that is not included into your total CL but I can't be certain. Either way congrats on the nice CLs! 

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcos8 wrote:

I think I remember that some Fico models only factor in cards up to a certain CL and that anything above that is not included into your total CL but I can't be certain. Either way congrats on the nice CLs! 

That could be the case, but I'm not sure. If I had that high of a CL I sure hope it would factor into my utilization Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for the 100k!!...but really dont do it if you don't need it for utl%. 

Message 19 of 23
KillerCut
Established Member

her exposure with chase is slightly higher than mine. she is at 72. we did 79k cli on the amex last night (so total exposure would = 100k and we could consolidate cards), it asked for form 4506... so we filled it out but there was no submit button or anything??? Is there supposed to be a submit button or something?

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.