cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex auto CLI - can i still request without waiting 6 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex auto CLI - can i still request without waiting 6 months?

About 9 months ago i got an Amex BCE and got the 3x CLI upon activation to 10.8k.  I just recieved an auto CLI to 15.8k when my statement cut this month. Am i able to request the 3x CLI or do i have to wait 6 months? (I won't 3x anyways though... will probably ask for 25k just to inscrease my total credit line)

Just for reference my scores are around 730's with an income around 80k.

I've been running everything through BCE because it's still zero interest.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex auto CLI - can i still request without waiting 6 months?

Personally i dont know your answer but maybe just give it a try, worse that happens is you dont get it and try again later. Thats a sweet auto luv by the waySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

About 9 months ago i got an Amex BCE and got the 3x CLI upon activation to 10.8k.  I just recieved an auto CLI to 15.8k when my statement cut this month. Am i able to request the 3x CLI or do i have to wait 6 months? (I won't 3x anyways though... will probably ask for 25k just to inscrease my total credit line)

Just for reference my scores are around 730's with an income around 80k.

I've been running everything through BCE because it's still zero interest.

I think you should wait. While there's no harm in trying and getting a letter of denial, it's better to give them space and try between 4 and 6 months. This is especially true if you had just received CLI.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair, in the monster "3x AmEx CLI" thread or whatever it's called, plenty of people mentioned that they were successful in asking for manual CLIs after an automatic CLI.  Apparently the clock only ticks from manual CLIs, and you can get another when you're eligible (180 days after last CLI), even if AmEx just showed you some automatic luv.  Then again, it's what you're comfortable with and if you would be ok waiting another 90 days if this request happens to get declined.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can definitely ask. Auto CLI does not reset the 6 month clock.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can definitely ask. Auto CLI does not reset the 6 month clock.

This is correct.  Ask away as there is no harm in doing so.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it No harm no foul Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you decide? 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What in the heck?  How on earth is it that people are getting Auto CLI's?  I had a 5 k limit with them for 9 months and would regularly spend 8-15K on it paying most of it before statement close on multiple cards.  I never started trying to get CLI's till I opened my own business a couple years ago, now I find that my lines are tiny compared to what I actually spend in a month as cost of goods to keep it running are very high...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.