Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex auto CLI or request?

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Amex auto CLI or request?

Have a question for Amex card holders, does Amex give automatic CLI or does one have to request/apply for one? Appreciate any input

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Amex auto CLI or request?

@drboxing wrote:
Have a question for Amex card holders, does Amex give automatic CLI or does one have to request/apply for one? Appreciate any input

On the amex site there is a place to request your sp cli under account services

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 8
drboxing
Established Contributor

But was wondering iif Amex gives automatic increases or does one have to apply for one

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they do auto increases.I received one early on on my BCP. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question has been well answered -- I highly suggest using the search bar on this website because it is FANTASTIC and gives great results every time I want to find answers!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=amex+auto+cli&collapse_discussion=tr...

Lots of great posts about Auto CLIs recently with Amex!  Browse some of those threads, highly recommended.

Message 5 of 8
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks jodysmithavl how long did it take for you to see an automatic increase

Message 6 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

While they do give automatic increases, there's really no reason not to just ask them.  It will always be a soft pull and as long as the card is at least 61 days old and it has been at least 181 since Amex gave you a customer-requested credit line increase and at least 91 days since you were declined a CLI for a reason other than "you asked us too soon," you can ask at any time for up to 3X your current limit.  If declined, you can ask again 91 days later.  If approved, you can ask again 181 days later.

Message 7 of 8
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.