Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex auto CLI questions - how many months

tag
tin369
Established Member

Amex auto CLI questions - how many months

I applied for the Amex blue cash in aug 12 and then read about the auto 3X in 61 days which was n october and I got from 2000 to 6000.

I want to know, how many more months do I have to wait before I can get approved for another 3x CLI increase. I read the max you can ask for is upto 25K, mine next 3x would be 18k so should I ask for 15 or 18K.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex auto CLI questions - how many months

6 months. Ask for 18,000 in April 2013. Good luck!

http://search.americanexpress.com/app/answers/display/a_id/6666

How can I apply for a line of credit increase for my American Express Card?

We do not increase an account's credit limit during the first 60 days after it has been opened, or for at least 6 months from the last credit limit increase. After that time has passed, if you are still interested in applying for an increased credit limit, you can check to see if you are eligible to change your credit limit online by logging into your account and going to your Profile & Preferences or you can call the number on the back of your Card to speak with one of our customer care professionals.

Message 2 of 3
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex auto CLI questions - how many months

Just an FYI, $25K is not the max CL you can ask for.  It is generally the max they will approve without asking for further documentation to support your income.  There are people however who have been given higher CLs without having to provide any further documentation.  Amex raised my CL to $27K without me asking.  I've also read threads of people asking for higher CLs and having it automatically approved.  In general, however, if you are asking for more than $25K, you should be prepared for Amex to ask you to provide additional documentation, possibly a 4506T.

Also, just a minor point of clarification.  If you're requesting a CLI, it is not an auto CLI.  Generally, when people refer to an automatic CLI, they mean a CLI initiated by the lender. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.