Did you mean: 

Amex backdate Question

tag
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex backdate Question

@dalebb wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

That's great !   Congrats on the backdating success !   All you need to do now is decide on your next card and app in January, that card would have Jan 2004 as date opened.  Smiley Happy

iv seen amex take 2 months to report

This is YMMV as usual.

My AmEx BC reported in about 2 months. My Mercedes AmEx (opened in August) still hasn't reported. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 11 of 20
sdoonan
Contributor

My AMEX took 6 months to initially report. Very strange.

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 12 of 20
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Slightly off topic, but does Amex backdate with all Amex accounts (charge accounts + credit accounts), or just charge accounts?

I'm interested in the Costco Amex but don't have the credit score for it now. I'm pre-approved (according to Amex) for their Green, Gold, and Zync cards so maybe I should apply for a Zync card now?

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustMe77 wrote:

Slightly off topic, but does Amex backdate with all Amex accounts (charge accounts + credit accounts), or just charge accounts?

I'm interested in the Costco Amex but don't have the credit score for it now. I'm pre-approved (according to Amex) for their Green, Gold, and Zync cards so maybe I should apply for a Zync card now?

Amex backdates all of their accounts and I would apply for the Green or Zync if you don't want to pay $95 AF for the Green Card. If you want take a shot also apply for the Costco Amex once you have been approved for the charge card...from reading other people's experience only one pull was used for both applications in the same day but YMMV

Message 14 of 20
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I recently applied for both Green and Costco TE on the same day. I was approved for Green, declined for Costco. Only one pull. From what I understood, a denial wouldn't trigger a second hard pull, but an approval might. As always YMMV.
Message 15 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The ZYNC is a good card to get your foot in the door, since it is a charge card, and it is believed to be easier to get than AMEX revolvers. And the AF is around $25, lowest of the charge cards.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 20
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@JustMe77 wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone addressed this yet. I don't know if the Costco AMEX will backdate.  As far as I know, only cards fully handled by AMEX will backdate (charge and revolvers all backdate when issued by AMEX itself).   It's on the AMEX website so I'm hoping it would be through them and backdate like others.

I mention this because I recently noticed someone post that their's didn't backdate like expected.  (I don't have the Costco AMEX nor do I shop at Costco).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 17 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

If the card is underwritten by AMEX then it can be backdated.

Co~branded AMEX cards from other banks are not eligible.
Message 18 of 20
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Thanks PizzaDude,  sort of what I thought.  I see so many co-branded AMEX cards out there, it gets confusing.  Maybe it was something else a poster mentioned that wasn't backdated. I was always under the impression if you could apply for it on AMEX's site, it would backdate (seems to be accurate).  I know those like BoA AMEX and PenFed AMEX etc etc will not, like you said, being those are banks only offering the AMEX logo really.

It's why I'd rather app for the BCP later (still unsure between the BCE and BCP).  Tried for it recently and nope (at least no HP).  3 other apps with HP's and 3 new accounts I figure are bad enough in the last 4 months. Next card is going to have to backdate for my AAoA. So we know who it'll have to be with Smiley Frustrated

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 19 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yep, I agree it is confusing, but you're correct, if you apply via the AMEX site then it is underwritten by AMEX, and can be backdated.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.