Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdate question

tag
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Amex backdate question

I recently was approved for the BCP. I added my wife as an account manager with full access and requested an additional card for her. She has been a gold card member since 2010. We just received her card in the mail and the member date states member since 2014. Is this correct? Should it back date to her original membership number or at least to mines (2013)? Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
studiogeek
Valued Member

Re: Amex backdate question

AU accounts no longer backdate. They get the date you were added as an AU.

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@unlucky_hove wrote:

I recently was approved for the BCP. I added my wife as an account manager with full access and requested an additional card for her. She has been a gold card member since 2010. We just received her card in the mail and the member date states member since 2014. Is this correct? Should it back date to her original membership number or at least to mines (2013)? Any help is appreciated

Call Amex and let them know her MSD is incorrect.  It's the rush to get cards out when MSD are printed incorrectly. They will tell you they will not issue a replacement card until 10 days has lapsed from the first card. 

Keep in mind, since shes an ACM only, her CR's will not backdate. 

Message 3 of 4
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@studiogeek wrote:

AU accounts no longer backdate. They get the date you were added as an AU.

I understand that, but being that she was an original member that concept still applies for her account only? I guess it's an excercise in futility since I just received the card and there is no payment history to back date anyway

edit: just got off the phone with Amex. They are going to correct all of our cards to 2010 because I was added as an account manager with full access to her original account. They will reissue new cards and he says it will reflect this on my credit report also (gold card only). 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.