Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdating for authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex backdating for authorized user

@Crashem wrote:

One piece of advice whether you are an ACM or primary card holder is to create an online account for that card ASAP.  It is one more piece of info that locks in your member date.

Yeah, thanks. Already have three cards under one account.

Message 11 of 15
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

I got a BCP about a month ago, they back-dated for me.  To the year I was born, no less.  Card showed up with the backdated year to which I was added as an AU, I am waiting to see if it reports to credit bureau's that way, if so then Im going for a green.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SubseaEngineer wrote:

I got a BCP about a month ago, they back-dated for me.  To the year I was born, no less.  Card showed up with the backdated year to which I was added as an AU, I am waiting to see if it reports to credit bureau's that way, if so then Im going for a green.

WOW! Were you required to give them the account number on which you were AU? Is that account still open? Unfortunately the account I was on has been closed for quite a bit of time and my uncle who was the account owner has since passed away.

Giving them my social security number did not pull up any info, although they could have not been looking very hard. Let me know the details of how you had this done, would be greatly appreciated

Message 13 of 15
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

Was not required to provide acct number, and accts are still open and on my credit reports.  Plus they royally botched sending me the BCP card, so I told them I wanted backdating as compensation.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SubseaEngineer wrote:

Was not required to provide acct number, and accts are still open and on my credit reports.  Plus they royally botched sending me the BCP card, so I told them I wanted backdating as compensation.

Just spoke with amex. It appears as though when I was added as a card member, my ss# was not applied. The acount has been closed and archived and I don't have the account number. I wonder if it ever appeared on my credit report. I doubt there's a way to see your credit report from 10 years back.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.