Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdating question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex backdating question

So I currently have an Amex Gold which I've had a couple years now. I just got approved for Amex Blue. My question is will my new Amex Blue backdate to when I opened my Gold? Also if it does how does that report on my profile? will it show pay on time for all those months I didn't have the card or have no monthly information an just an older age?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex backdating question

it will report the year you became a member and the current month if you became a member in 2010, and you were approved this month your member date would be  9/2010 it would take a few months to get your new card reporting but it should automaticly backdate since you are a current member, no headaches expected, if you have a choice its best to apply for AMEX cards besides the first one in january, so they backdate to  1/member year. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 4
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I know it's not maxing my backdating but the next Amex app for me will be June. What's 6 months when it will come with 20 years Smiley Wink (member since 1993)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's James for the info. Sounds like January would have been the best month to apply but I'll take two free years.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.