Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdating question?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Amex backdating question?

@B335is wrote:

Taxi did you have any Charge card bonus offers?  The real advantage to going for one at time of Revolver approval is the 2-for-1 deal.  You can always go for another Charge card or revolver (or both) in January.

Yes. I dd. the SPg. Or gold card. 50k iirc. 

I thought about it. But really don't want more than 2 amex cards. After reading how they shut people down. 

Message 11 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Taxi did you have any Charge card bonus offers?  The real advantage to going for one at time of Revolver approval is the 2-for-1 deal.  You can always go for another Charge card or revolver (or both) in January.

Yes. I dd. the SPg. Or gold card. 50k iirc. 

I thought about it. But really don't want more than 2 amex cards. After reading how they shut people down. 

Amex shuts people down for other reasons, not for having more than 2 cards.  Their limit is 4 revolvers and 1 of each of the charge cards.

Message 12 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

Ok. I will go for gold. Will it be another pull since just apped 2 days ago? 

Message 13 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Ok. I will go for gold. Will it be another pull since just apped 2 days ago? 

It knows somehow. That I'm amex card holder now. Says I can't get bonus. What the  hell. I got 30k offer on delta sky. Is that only bonus I can get?

Message 14 of 23
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Well I've waited long enough to get in with amex. Got delta sky yesterday. However I want 1 charge card too the green as least expensive.  95 AF. 

However. I know I could app now. But I was told to wait until jan. Now my msd is 2014. If I app in man 2015. Will they back date to January. 2014. Even I just became member yesterday. Please someone clarify once and for all. Sick of speculation. If not. I will just app tomorrow. If no benefit to wait. 

I app'd for AMEX blue in December 2011, then january 2012 added my Zync card, and yes on my reports the Zync card reports as 1/2011, which makes it older than many of my other accounts, and now 3 years later its difficult to tell the difference on my credit card, since it has reported numerous on time payments, and in a couple more years it have all the "recent payments" marked as paid on time and will appear to be my first Amex card openned even under manual review who is looking for such details. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 15 of 23
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

the green as least expensive.  95 AF.  

But is it the most beneficial to you?  Why are you getting the charge card?  What do you intend to charge to it?

Message 16 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

But is it the most beneficial to you?  Why are you getting the charge card?  What do you intend to charge to it?

Yes. The charge will be for several large purchases. Without worry of util. Will pif as no choice.  And to help my AA of A 

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Yes. The charge will be for several large purchases. Without worry of util. Will pif as no choice.  And to help my AA of A 

If you are new to Amex, it won't help with your AAoA - it may hurt it. Your MS date will be 2014 if this is the first year you have ever had one.

Message 18 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

If you are new to Amex, it won't help with your AAoA - it may hurt it. Your MS date will be 2014 if this is the first year you have ever had one.

But if I wait till January. It would make that cRd a year old. Nothing can hurt it right now. Oldest card 1 year old.AA of A 5 months. It can only go up from here Smiley Surprised

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it in January! Won't hurt you!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.