Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdating update

tag
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex backdating update

Thanks for the update on your backdating attempts. I was previously told they couldn't backdate my Member Since to '01 because the AU account I was on had a BK which caused the account's closing. I now know that AMEX will backdate regardless of account standing on old accounts, even though the rep I spoke with recently said they wouldn't do so because of bad account standing. Thanks again, I'll keep trying until they backdate my account! Smiley Very Happy

ImageImageImage

Message 11 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

The kind people at AMEX updated my 1997 member since date on the  Blue Cash Everyday card to  the CRAs.  My Blue Sky account hasn't been reported yet. But, I'm sure it will report 1997, too. 

Message 12 of 18
TheR105
Regular Contributor

Congrats! My account has not been updated will let u know ASAP.
Message 13 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

@TheR105 wrote:
Congrats! My account has not been updated will let u know ASAP.

Thanks!!  It will update after your closing date.  I'm still waiting for the closing date on my new card.   I totally didn't expect them to update my old card.  That was why I applied for a new card. 

Message 14 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

1997 sure looks good on my reports!  I had to send AMEX a nice thank you email.  Smiley Very Happy

AMERICAN EXPRESS

Address:
 PO BOX 981537
  EL PASO, TX 79998
 (800) 874-2717

Address Identification Number:

Open/Never late.

Date Opened:
08/1997
Date of Status:
07/2011
Reported Since:
05/2011
Last Reported Date:
07/2011

Type:
Credit card
Terms:
N/A 
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual 

Credit Limit:
$5,000
High Balance:
$378 
Recent Balance:
$0
Recent Payment:
$0

Message 15 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Good for you!!! I know you worked hard on this issue! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!!!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 16 of 18
DI
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Good for you!!! I know you worked hard on this issue! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!!!!!

Thanks!  I sure did!  My credit repairing has officially come to an end.  I have no reason to file BBB reports and etc. on any bank.  Everything with all of my accounts are now 110% accurate.  Smooth sailing from here on out.  What a relief! 

Message 17 of 18
TheR105
Regular Contributor

Good news! Amex just reported and it is 1997! My aaoa did not change. My previous was oldest account 9 years aaoa 5 now shows oldest 14 and 1 month aaoa 5. Is this correct or should it have changed? Also does tu04 include charge card balances into utilization? I know tu98 does because I got dinged for it.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.