Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdating..

tag
DerekD
New Contributor

Amex backdating..

Hi guys I have a question. I currently have 2 amex cards being the BCE and everyday card which were jus approved in MarchSmiley Very Happy. My question is, if I get listed as authorized user on someone else's amex that was opened a while ago can I backdate these cards to that date? I'm only 19 so my AAoA is very low and was hoping this trick would help me out with that. I appreciate the help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex backdating..

@DerekD wrote:

Hi guys I have a question. I currently have 2 amex cards being the BCE and everyday card which were jus approved in MarchSmiley Very Happy. My question is, if I get listed as authorized user on someone else's amex that was opened a while ago can I backdate these cards to that date? I'm only 19 so my AAoA is very low and was hoping this trick would help me out with that. I appreciate the help!

Sorry, but you will not be backdated to that date.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 5
DerekD
New Contributor

Are you sute? I've read of other doing it

Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@DerekD wrote:

Are you sute? I've read of other doing it

Yes, Wade is correct.  Amex will only backdate your primary card to when YOU became a cardmember. You will not inherit the history of another Amex cardmember. 

Message 4 of 5
shark268
Contributor

If you were added as an authorized user to a card amex USED to backdate you to THEIR join date. This was heavily abused and in 2011 amex stopped letting you inherit history. 

4/2013 first credit ever. Eq Fico 749, discover TU fico 777

NFCU NavChek: 15k // NFCU CashRewards 14k // Sportsman's Guide Visa 9k // CSP 7.5k // CU LOC 7.5k // Amex BCE 6k (1987) // Total Rewards 5.5k // BarclayCard Ring 5k // Amex ED 4.5k (1987) // Commerce Bank 4k // Cap1 VentureOne 3k // JCrew Store: $6.45k // WF Visa 3k // Amazon Store 2.5k // Quicksilver MC $1.5k // Discover IT $1250 // Chase Freedom $1k // PenFed LOC $500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.