Amex blue cash everyday

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex blue cash everyday

@bribro wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

@bribro wrote:

OP, when you say" regular blue cash" you mean "regular blue," right? I'm only aware of Blue, BCE, BCP, and the two frequent flyer variants.

Why would anyone want regular Blue? As a travel card?

No, OP is referring to the original blue cash card. amex stopped offering this card back in april 2011 i believe. one of the benefits that i miss about original blue cash was the dunkin donuts blue dining perk. every 4 times one would make a purchase with his or her blue cash card, you would receive a 5 dollar dunkin donuts card. i must have gotten 30 dollars worth of dunkin donuts gift cards.

Ohhh. That DD thing seems like an awesome perk. Why'd you switch to a different card?

Only 1% on groceries until you spend 6500 per year, then it moves to 5%. Seriously? Before I switched, I only enjoyed 4 months of 5%, before the year was up. Not worth not switching.
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 11 of 17
oracles
Valued Contributor

Yeah it really wasnt a great deal at all and on everything else, you had to spend 6500 to receive 1%. Before that you got .5% on everything.

This is so much better, the hell with the Donuits lol

Message 12 of 17
bribro
Valued Contributor

So these inferior Blue Cash cards are still floating around out there? AmEx doesn't force a PC?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 13 of 17
Genecio
Valued Member

Yes indeed.  Ironically I just got approved for the Amex Blue (Regular One) on July 17th, 2012  and on July 23rd 2012 I asked if I could PC to the Blue Cash Everyday.  At first the CSR tried and said I was unable to being I just opened the account less than a week ago, but decided to speak to a manager and they approved it instantly.  No online it says Blue Cash Everyday.  The new card will be mailed out in the next week or so!   Smiley Very Happy

Experian 715 (09/04/2013), T/U 706 (12/05/2013), Equifax 743 (12/05/2013).
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similare question.

I just was approved for AMEX's Blue card (just the very plain/stripped down basic blue card).

CL = $2,000 and APR = 15%

I applied for AMEX's Blue Cash Everyday card but was denied 5 months ago.  I REALLY want the BCE card.

My question, would it be possible to request a PC from my Blue card to BCE?

I haven't registered my Blue card yet, and within 61 days I can request a CL increase 3X of my current limit. I'm a student and my income is $24,000 a year roughly with additional savings accounts (~$10,000) and stocks (~$50,000).

Message 15 of 17
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just was approved for AMEX's Blue card (just the very plain/stripped down basic blue card).

I applied for AMEX's Blue Cash Everyday card but was denied 5 months ago.  I REALLY want the BCE card.

I haven't registered my Blue card yet, and within 61 days I can request a CL increase 3X of my current limit. I'm a student and my income is $24,000 a year roughly with additional savings accounts (~$10,000) and stocks (~$50,000).

Yes it would be possible. Just give them a call. Personally, I would try to use the regular Blue card as much as possible right now, request the 61 day 3x CLI, then PC to BCE.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 16 of 17
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can PC your Blue to the BCE, but you have to wait 13 months becacuse of the CARD Act.  Unless you were ltierally just approved like 2 minutes ago? lol

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.