Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blue cash pre-screen offers PLEASE HELP

tag
BePositive
New Contributor

Amex blue cash pre-screen offers PLEASE HELP

I got a prescreen offer from Amex green in the mail and went online and it said I was also good for a blue cash card which I really want. I started with 2 secured cards (Cap 1 & First Progress Jan 2013) and then obtained 2 unsecured cards (Credit One 7/2013 and Cap 1 Quicksilver 3/2014) I also opened 2 store cards (F. Hut 9/2013 and VS 4/2014) Feb 2014 I financed a car with Toyota/Lexus Financial. I just got a Bank of America cash rewards for $1500.00. My credit has 1 derog - car loan that they started charge offs on but was PIF back in 2011, 1 paid judgement PIF Dec 2012 and Experian shows 1 medical collection. My overall utilization is under 10% but I have a lot of inquiries 3 alone from car shopping same day. My Cap 1 Quicksilver has a limit of 1K, My Cap 1 is 750.00. My Credit one has 450, First Progress has 400, F Hut 1300.00 and VS is 350.00. My FICOS were before BOA reported:
TU - 650
EQ - 663
EX - 654
Vantage - 724

My question is would I get approved based on personal experience or should I wait? I want a big limit so was thinking that I should wait until Cap one increases at the 6 month mark and BOA too, will that make a difference? Also I heard after a year of having prime that I should close my Credit One and First Progress starter cards since they won't ever have a higher limit and look bad on credit? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Current Scores: EQ 680, TU 698, EX 698 - MyFico
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex blue cash pre-screen offers PLEASE HELP

@BePositive wrote:
I got a prescreen offer from Amex green in the mail and went online and it said I was also good for a blue cash card which I really want. I started with 2 secured cards (Cap 1 & First Progress Jan 2013) and then obtained 2 unsecured cards (Credit One 7/2013 and Cap 1 Quicksilver 3/2014) I also opened 2 store cards (F. Hut 9/2013 and VS 4/2014) Feb 2014 I financed a car with Toyota/Lexus Financial. I just got a Bank of America cash rewards for $1500.00. My credit has 1 derog - car loan that they started charge offs on but was PIF back in 2011, 1 paid judgement PIF Dec 2012 and Experian shows 1 medical collection. My overall utilization is under 10% but I have a lot of inquiries 3 alone from car shopping same day. My Cap 1 Quicksilver has a limit of 1K, My Cap 1 is 750.00. My Credit one has 450, First Progress has 400, F Hut 1300.00 and VS is 350.00. My FICOS were before BOA reported:
TU - 650
EQ - 663
EX - 654
Vantage - 724

My question is would I get approved based on personal experience or should I wait? I want a big limit so was thinking that I should wait until Cap one increases at the 6 month mark and BOA too, will that make a difference? Also I heard after a year of having prime that I should close my Credit One and First Progress starter cards since they won't ever have a higher limit and look bad on credit? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Your scores look similar to mine and I was just approved for the BCE with a limit of 1k and a very high APR. So, that is my personal experience. They also declined me about 6 months ago.

I don't mind the 1k limit, because I should be eligible in August to move that limit up to 3k, and then up to 9k in Feb of 2015. Amex is good that way, it grows at regular intervals.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

lol can my previous response get deleted so I don't appear to be the author of this post?

I used the mod report to let them know.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

lol can my previous response get deleted so I don't appear to be the author of this post?

I used the mod report to let them know.

I was just going to do that!  Quick on the draw, you are!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@notfancy wrote:

Working on getting this fixed. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

Not sure what happened with the moving/merging, but I think I've got it fixed now.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.