Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blue cash preferred

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Amex blue cash preferred

Question

long time browser first time actually posting-- So I apped for the blue cash preferred on 5/5 got 7-10 day message called next day, declined -- got this on status page

Your consumer credit bureau score is too low (See below)

Your debt with other creditors relative to the available credit as indicated by Experian. To better understand the information in their files please contact Experian at Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013 or 888-397-3742. 

Our assessment of your monthly payments in relation to outstanding debt on credit card accounts, as indicated by Experian. To better understand the information in their files please contact Experian at Box 2002, Allen, TX 75013 or 888-397-3742. 

The number of creditors who have reviewed your credit report.

I do have about 400-500 balance (11k+ in limits) so not sure why on the first or second reason (I PIF) the 3rd I get I have been on an app spree trying to get a good prime card explained all this to the very friendly csr she told me to try a manual review so I print out a report on the 6th fast forward to the 13th status changes from decline back to in progress, told to call today and i did csr explained they just started reviewing and it may be fri or mon and to call back then  so now its like **bleep** I already have a pr gold with them been FR'ed (lady  told me I had excellent credit) what more do they want? I also have a savings acct w/ about 5k in it with amex. dw and i make good money so i am confused.

I guess i'm just frustrated and needed to vent but what can i expect from amex at this point......

My stats are as follows

11 year history-amex is oldest (I have only been with them since 02/2011 but was an au for years)

AAoA 3.7 years

UTL 4%

1 derog from almost 4 years ago DH missed car payment (not listed in reasons for decline)

TU 724 fico

EQ 718 fico

EX 723 fico 2? (lender pull for mortgage)

any help / insight would be very helpful thank you

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Amnesia87
Contributor

Re: Amex blue cash preferred

I just got approved for mine with similar scores.

It looks like for some reason the report is showing your util way higher than it is, and that you have lots of lines where you are leaving a balance and making minimum payments.

When was the last time you pulled a CR, if you only have 500/11000 for util, and it's giving you those messages, especially reason 2 and 3, I'd be a bit worried that your identity has been stolen, seems unlikely with your scores where they are. But you may want to pull a new report if you haven't in a while.

Also you said you have been on an app spree, how many new cards did you get, and when. Are you counting that with your UTIL, and are you sure they are reporting?

That's how I screwed myself with my first Amex app, I was at 20% util, but one of my cards hadn't shown up yet, and another hadn't reported payment (after like a week or two >_<) and so my util on my CR was 80%...

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Friday 5/6 I pulled my EX report to send them for the manual review all looked fine checked EQ &TU yesterday all is well there too I have apped roughly 20-30 times with about 9 approvals in the past year or so

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 3 of 5
steffiejoe
Contributor

You said , "I have apped roughly 20-30 times with about 9 approvals in the past year or so ."

Can you clarify this statement? Sorry but I want to make sure I understand you correctly.

Your credit score
Source: Equifax Date: April 29, 2015
Message 4 of 5
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

across all 3 reports in the last 1 1/2 years i have apped about 30 times total from 19 on TU to 31 on EQ and have been approved for 9 credit products

being denied for the inq's would not bother me as much as being denied for the first two reasons the way the CSR explained it is I have too much debt with other credit cards and my current payments to other credit cards are too much however that is not the case i do pif monthly and my overall utl is currently at 4% according to all my credit reports i dont understand what they are seeing or where

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.