cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blue preferred 3x cli and annual fee ?

tag
Croselx
Contributor

Amex blue preferred 3x cli and annual fee ?

I have an amex bcp and I'm getting close to the 61 day CLI. However, I have a few questions about what amex likes to see on the report.

Current report is:

Overall utilization is 11%

Score when I got the amex was 730

5 inquiries (3 will be gone by november)

30 day late on march 2011.

I have 1 card that is around 80% utilization because I made a BT @ 0% interest (Slate card) and I'm letting it sit until it gets close to the limit in about a year

Chase Freedom is at 20% util

AMEX BCP is at 10% util, but have made charges that bring it up to around 19% util

The Freedom will be paid off, but will not report until next month. Can do the same with the AMEX.

Questions, what does AMEX like to see? Will the high util on that one card affect me? Do I have another chance at the 3x CLI if I get denied (how long)?

**Does Amex waive the annual fee for first year?

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex blue preferred 3x cli and annual fee ?

BCP does not waive AF, but AMEX does refund AF in prorate if you cancel/PC the card before annual mark.

Message 2 of 4
nmac
Regular Contributor

@Croselx wrote:

I have an amex bcp and I'm getting close to the 61 day CLI. However, I have a few questions about what amex likes to see on the report.

Current report is:

@I have 1 card that is around 80% utilization because I made a BT @ 0% interest (Slate card) and I'm letting it sit until it gets close to the limit in about a year

AMEX BCP is at 10% util, but have made charges that bring it up to around 19% util

The Freedom will be paid off, but will not report until next month. Can do the same with the AMEX.

Questions, what does AMEX like to see? Will the high util on that one card affect me? Do I have another chance at the 3x CLI if I get denied (how long)?

I believe that chase has started to update accounts with the CRAs when their cards have been completely paid off regardless of when the statement cuts. Last month I zeroed out my freedom card mid-cycle and it reported a zero balance within a few days. In order to get it to report you can't just pay the last statement balance rather you must completely pay off the card.

Quick Silver 2k - Discover 4.3K - Chase Freedom 7.6K - Venture 13K
Citi Double Cash 3.5K - Amex SPG 5K - CSP 5K - Arrival+ 3K
SW Premiere 5K - Citi TY Premiere 3.7K - FNBO Sun Country 3.6K
BOA Cash Rewards 5K - DCU Platinum 10K - Spirit 5K
Message 3 of 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@nmac wrote:

@Croselx wrote:

Current report is:

@I have 1 card that is around 80% utilization because I made a BT @ 0% interest (Slate card) and I'm letting it sit until it gets close to the limit in about a year

I believe that chase has started to update accounts with the CRAs when their cards have been completely paid off regardless of when the statement cuts. Last month I zeroed out my freedom card mid-cycle and it reported a zero balance within a few days. In order to get it to report you can't just pay the last statement balance rather you must completely pay off the card.

+1. I had something similar happen to this on my Freedom.

I paid the balance down to $0 three days before my statement cut and it was reported soon after the next day. However, I forgot I had a pending purchase which wound up posting right before the statement cut. However, I still had a few days where that $0 was reporting in-between the two statement balances (previous month's and new month's).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.