09Lexie

Amex canceling Secure Messaging

I logged on to send a message this morning and was greeted with this :

In order to better serve you, we now offer Live Chat with a Customer Care Professional as an alternative to Email. If you send us an email between now and August 30, it may take up to 72 hours for you to receive a reply. After August 30, the option to Email Us will no longer be offered.

Just a heads up.
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
myjourney

Re: Amex canceling Secure Messaging

Thanks for the heads up ...Interesting indeed:smileysurprised:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it
Established Contributor
ibmrad7

It's better I guess. I used to miss Live Chat on AMEX. They are little late to the party...

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
longtimelurker

09Lexie wrote:

In order to better serve you, we now offer Live Chat with a Customer Care Professional as an alternative to Email. If you send us an email between now and August 30, it may take up to 72 hours for you to receive a reply. After August 30, the option to Email Us will no longer be offered.

Just a heads up.

Interesting!   I don't think Chat is a great substitute.  I use secure email where maybe I don't have time to talk (either via chat or on the phone), for stuff that isn't time critical.  Not sure of the rationale, my employer encourages customers to use chat as it is cheaper than handling phone calls (a CSR can multi-task between 5 chats, whereas a customer on the phone might complain about a CSR switching between 5 calls!), but email, with no real-time requirement, is the cheapest.

From highest to lowest: Amex BC (42K), Cap One , CSP, Fidelity Amex, Cap One, Penfed Plat Rewards x2, , Citi TY Pref, Citi TY Premier, Citi Plat Select AA, US Bank Cash Plus, Chase Amazon, Chase Freedom, Amalgamated Bank MC, Citi Forward, BCE, Sallie Mae (5K)

Valued Contributor
thom02099

[ Edited ]

longtimelurker wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

In order to better serve you (Hey AMEX...isn't this an oxymoron??) , we now offer Live Chat with a Customer Care Professional as an alternative to Email. If you send us an email between now and August 30, it may take up to 72 hours for you to receive a reply. After August 30, the option to Email Us will no longer be offered.

Just a heads up.

Interesting!   I don't think Chat is a great substitute.  I use secure email where maybe I don't have time to talk (either via chat or on the phone), for stuff that isn't time critical.  Not sure of the rationale, my employer encourages customers to use chat as it is cheaper than handling phone calls (a CSR can multi-task between 5 chats, whereas a customer on the phone might complain about a CSR switching between 5 calls!), but email, with no real-time requirement, is the cheapest.

PLUS 1 ! ! !

On another forum, it was (correctly) pointed out that, with losing email capability, one loses the documentation in writing of a query and response.  It was also pointed out that, when AMEX CSR was confronted by this, their response was that "you can print the chat transcript".  All well and good if you're near a printer.  Not so good if you're using a mobile app at 35,000 feet in a flight across the USofA!! They also admitted that there was no other means to save a chat session provided by them, but that one could "cut and paste" the chat into a word processing document.

Tell me again about AMEX's vaunted customer service????

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K / Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $7.5K / Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 765 EQ = 743 TU = 825 Mar/2014
Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Meh. I'll call. If it's important I will ask if the line is being recorded. If it's very important I will put it in writing and mail certified with return receipt (RRR or RRE). For almost everything chat is fine. They can multitask and so can I, same with a call as I put them on the Polycon speakerphone and keep doing other stuff. 

New Contributor
thecentury303

Thx for the head sup !!

But IMHO, AMEX secure message is nearly useless nowsday. Especially if they start to offer a live chat.

Capital One Cash Rewards for New Comer: $1,500 (09/12), Local Credit Union: $1,500 (10/12), Chase Freedom: $1,500 (04/13), Discover IT: $2,100 (04/13), AMEX Gold Charge Card: NPSL (06/13), AMEX BCE: $6,000 (06/13), Chase United Explorer: $6,000 (10/13), Chase Ink Cash: $3,000 (10/13), Barclays Arrival Platinum: $3,000 (10/13), US Bank Flexperk Travel Rewards: $5,000 (01/14), Capital One Venture: $5,000 (01/14), Citi AA World MC: $6,500 (01/14),Citi AA Executive World Elite MC: $5,000 (01/14)
Valued Contributor
thom02099

[ Edited ]

I just went in to my AMEX on line account, and I'm not getting any prompts or information about live chat. There's still the option to send secure email available.  Is this card specific, perhaps?  Not seeing it with my Gold/Zync/Clear combo. 

EDIT:  Nevermind!  Found it!  Have to open the secure messaging window and click on "ask a question" to get the prompt.  I was looking for something on the home page for chat!:smileysurprised:

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K / Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $7.5K / Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 765 EQ = 743 TU = 825 Mar/2014
Established Contributor
lhcole77

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm totally diggin' the live chat though.

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm totally diggin' the live chat though.

+ 1

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+