Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex canceling Zync Packs.

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex canceling Zync Packs.

Per the letter: It is important for you to know that we are not discontinuing the zync card AT THIS TIME...uh oh.
Message 41 of 74
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I just realized they didn't offer it anymore, so i jumped on here and find out they are getting rid of packs too Smiley Sad oh well, i only use it to pay my cell and cable bill for the extra points, i haven't gotten the letter yet but im sure its on its way.  i hope they let us keep our cards and accounts, i only got it to get in w/ amex and because the fee was so much cheaper than the green or gold, i tried for blue cash rewards and they decliend me early last yr- not amex customer long enough and other baddies that i have that are scheduled to fall off this yr.  i dont want to open a new account  because i dont want the hp or it to drop my aaoa. 

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 42 of 74
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Only way I'm giving this sucker up is for the PRG. I'll ride this out.
Message 43 of 74
chan85
Established Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:
Per the letter: It is important for you to know that we are not discontinuing the zync card AT THIS TIME...uh oh.
So ominous....lol
Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 44 of 74
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Could they use let me use the zync card and have it work like a PRG card?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 45 of 74
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

....for $25 bucks? I'm in...ha!

Message 46 of 74
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Got my letter yesterday as well. Disappointed of course, as my Zync was my go to card for a long time. It will be tough to break the habit, with the MRE points lacking in overall value. At $25, I see no reason to cancel it for now. Small business saturday as others have said, will recuoup any AF for me!

Hoping to get a new Amex in the future anyway.

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 47 of 74
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

I received my letter yesterday and noticed that line too.  Makes it seem like they are going to discontinue it at some point.
Years ago when I had the secured Optima, they discontinued the program but instead of offering the option to change to another card, you had to apply for one of their other cards.  Probably because it was a secured card.

I guess we can only wait and see what's going to happen next.  In the meantime, I will still use my Zync.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 74
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

I got the letter too. I am little upset because the Eco pack was great for my lifestyle. I have earned more than 1,000 points in the past three months just because of that pack. :/

Now, it is either the PRG or the BCP for my grocery spending. The way the letter is worded, it seems that Amex is going to discontinued the card permanently in the future, and perhaps PC everyone to the Green or let them cancel it if the consumer wants too. I think Amex really wants her Zync holders to move on up to the higher tier charge cards to get more in the AF. The potential for the Zync to give out more rewards than any other Amex card out there was there. I imagine that was one of the reasons they discontinued it, and perhaps even thinking about permanently cancelling it for all currect members.

I really want the BCP, but I am not sure if my 5 months of history with the ZYNC is enough.

The Zync is dying.......slowing and painfully. Smiley Sad

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 49 of 74
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

I am more curious on what they are planning to do with us members who still have the $500 limit.

Message 50 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.