Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex canceling Zync Packs.

tag
lazylane
New Contributor

Re: Amex canceling Zync Packs.

When I log into my account and click on benefits, it shows a picture of a green card instead of the zync. I don't know if it's always been that way though...Smiley Indifferent

Message 51 of 74
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I will miss the eco pack the most. 2x points at Trader Joes and Walmart.  Anyway, I think it's still worth it to keep the Zync because of all the Sync deals and SBS.  Just take your loved one out to dinner on SBS and the AF pays for itself.  I also got $400 worth of best buy gift cards for $200 using a Sync deal last year. Plus you get a NPSL.  Only time will tell what happens to the mysterious Zync card.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 52 of 74
chan85
Established Contributor

@lazylane wrote:

When I log into my account and click on benefits, it shows a picture of a green card instead of the zync. I don't know if it's always been that way though...Smiley Indifferent

That's what mine has been doing too! Ever since I got that letter!

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 53 of 74
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@lazylane wrote:

Even before I got the letter, when I click on benefits, it shows this guy with a platinum card and his review about it, it just takes me to a screen to apply for another card.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 54 of 74
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@lazylane wrote:

Even before I got the letter, when I click on benefits, it shows this guy with a platinum card and his review about it, it just takes me to a screen to apply for another card.

i never tried doing this before but i can confirm, it shows zync then gives me an error and then reloads with the green, doesnt show anything about apping though just shows the benifits. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 55 of 74
awal
Regular Contributor

Has anyone started to receive Pack Credits? I received a $5 credit for the Eco Pack. Its been a few months, but I'm positive the Eco Pack didn't have an associated fee.
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 56 of 74
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

I got the eco and health & fitness packs thus far, total credit of 33 bucks.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 57 of 74
jla84
Regular Contributor

@awal wrote:
Has anyone started to receive Pack Credits? I received a $5 credit for the Eco Pack. Its been a few months, but I'm positive the Eco Pack didn't have an associated fee.

I received the $5 credit for the Eco Pack as well, and I know it didn't have a fee. Maybe it's more of a goodwill kind of thing? 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 58 of 74
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

I just checked my account and I received a $5 credit yesterday for the Eco Pack also.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 59 of 74
Open123
Super Contributor

I think people who use and realize the value of this card is really gonna miss it.  

I still remember when it debuted with waived annual fee for first year + 10K MR bonus on first spend.  I thought it was one of the best Amex cards when used propery.  The initial restaurant pack had $5 gift cards to Coldstone, Dunkin Donuts, and a few other places; but, the best was the $50 Morton's card after spending $150.  Eco pack combined with dining conferred 3X MR points at tons of places, not to mention this was the *only* card that offered 2X spending at Costco.

I surmise the issue with Amex was that the "target" market didn't app or use the card, but their "regular" cardmembers starting using the the card for accelererated MR points earnings cannibalizing some of their spending on their regular Charge cards.  Not very profitable when a person *only* spends on the bonus, then stops immediately at $5K and using only the packs with GC reimbursements.

Message 60 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.