cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex cancelled my Green Card Account for Returned Payments due to NSFs, need counsel...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex cancelled my Green Card Account for Returned Payments due to NSFs, need counsel...

Opened in May of 2011, Amex has now cancelled my Green Card Account for Returned Payments due to NSFs in September and November.

Questions:

1. Am I on their blacklist? (I tried applying for another card and got declined and the reason was because of returned payments)

2. Will I ever be able to open another account with Amex in the future?

3. Should I call them and plea my case? Will they listen?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex cancelled my Green Card Account for Returned Payments due to NSFs, need counsel...

@Anonymous wrote:

Opened in May of 2011, Amex has now cancelled my Green Card Account for Returned Payments due to NSFs in September and November.

Questions:

1. Am I on their blacklist? (I tried applying for another card and got declined and the reason was because of returned payments)

2. Will I ever be able to open another account with Amex in the future?

3. Should I call them and plea my case? Will they listen?

why the nsf?

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex cancelled my Green Card Account for Returned Payments due to NSFs, need counsel...

The NSF was due to my deposits not clearing on time because of a holidays in September and November...
Message 3 of 21
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The NSF was due to my deposits not clearing on time because of a holidays in September and November...

btw welcome to the forums,,, sounds like ur^%^^%*.... have u tried calling them?

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx has been known to be forgiving, I would call the Executive Office and plead your case, you have nothing to lose.

Please do keep us updated.

Message 5 of 21
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AmEx has been known to be forgiving, I would call the Executive Office and plead your case, you have nothing to lose.

Please do keep us updated.

yes,, let us know what they say

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to give them a call. I just don't know how to plead so that they'll understand...
Message 7 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Couple Things... You are not black listed as long as you pay all balances closed our not... But Amex will not let you open more accounts or get CLI if you have anything negative with your accounts in last 6 months, this includes returned payments, late payments, Sign and Travel being removed from your charge card, or hard limits set on charge card or cld on revolving cards.

Next, you actually mailed a "check" or you paid through Amex online with your bank account linked?

Did the payment get returned once or did it get returned 3 times no pay and you then made a late payment or made a different payment in the days or weeks after the returns?

The thing about Amex is if you know the money is not there, I would always call and say the deposit clears on blah blah date, my payment is due before that on this date... can we process the payment on blah blah date.... especially with charge card accounts they usually have a little window that is fine to them if you pay and they don't have issues with that... but if you set up payment and they just keep submitting it each day and all come back returned... then they are not so happy and probably getting pretty expensive on your end having it returned over and over again... Amex will put through payments 3 times!

Message 8 of 21
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Couple Things... You are not black listed as long as you pay all balances closed our not... But Amex will not let you open more accounts or get CLI if you have anything negative with your accounts in last 6 months, this includes returned payments, late payments, Sign and Travel being removed from your charge card, or hard limits set on charge card or cld on revolving cards.

Next, you actually mailed a "check" or you paid through Amex online with your bank account linked?

Did the payment get returned once or did it get returned 3 times no pay and you then made a late payment or made a different payment in the days or weeks after the returns?

The thing about Amex is if you know the money is not there, I would always call and say the deposit clears on blah blah date, my payment is due before that on this date... can we process the payment on blah blah date.... especially with charge card accounts they usually have a little window that is fine to them if you pay and they don't have issues with that... but if you set up payment and they just keep submitting it each day and all come back returned... then they are not so happy and probably getting pretty expensive on your end having it returned over and over again... Amex will put through payments 3 times!

all good questionsSmiley Surprised

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, first things first, i'm so happy I'm not blacklisted. I have my last statement which is due Jan 06 '12 which will be paid in full that's all. Secondly, this is what happened I paid via online on the Amex website. The NSFs occurred once in Sept. on some holiday (not labor day), and Twice on thanksgiving weekend...when the banks where closed and money didn't clear so it was about $75 in fees.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.