Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex charge card

tag
Aviator08
Established Member

Amex charge card

So im on my brothers amex charge card as an authorized user and was wondering if its hurting me or helping since it does not have a limit that shows on CR. Its always paid on gime but balance always 10k+. So debating to keep it or get my name removed. Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex charge card

It might hurt your EQ a little cuz they count your highest balance as your limit . TU and EX don't factor it into your utilization at all.
Message 2 of 7
Aviator08
Established Member

So is there really any benefit in me having that card? Or should I just take my name off?
Message 3 of 7
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Amex charge cards don't hurt you at all. I actually consider them helping us, the balance doesn't get calculated in your utilization. So you could have a 2000, 10,000 or 100,000 balance it won't ever get calanculated in your untilzation. Since it is a charge card and has to be paid in full. Also on serveral occasions I was able to convince credit analysts to give a higher credit limit but justifying the amount I charge on my charge card.
Message 4 of 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
Amex charge cards don't hurt you at all. I actually consider them helping us, the balance doesn't get calculated in your utilization. So you could have a 2000, 10,000 or 100,000 balance it won't ever get calanculated in your untilzation. Since it is a charge card and has to be paid in full. Also on serveral occasions I was able to convince credit analysts to give a higher credit limit but justifying the amount I charge on my charge card.

EQ as a matter of fact does calculate it into utilization. I let my PRG report a balance once to see if there was any effects and EQ took that into account. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 7
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Well my platinum card reports every month. And it just reported yesterday and showing 65,000 balance and not factored in utilization.
Message 6 of 7
youngman1234
Established Contributor

And I am also talking about equifax as that's the one I have a monthly subscription with.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.