cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

tag
billsfan14
New Contributor

Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

Was this brought up before?  Good stuff!  Already enrolled using the link below...

"...American Express announced today a nationwide promotion that will allow all consumer Charge Cardmembers enrolled in the Membership Rewards program to earn double points on U.S. standalone gas and grocery purchases up to $1000 dollars of eligible spend each month, starting March 22, 2009 through March 15, 2010.

The promotion is exclusively available to American Express (R) consumer Charge Cardmembers. To take advantage of the offer, Cardmembers must enroll their existing Charge Cards online at www.americanexpress.com/counttwice or call 1-800-794-1308 and use the promotional code 139150001."

Message Edited by billsfan14 on 03-25-2009 06:51 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

I received the same e-mail. I didn't realize you have to actually sign up. I thought it was automatic enrollment for charge card customers.

@billsfan14 wrote:

Was this brought up before?  Good stuff!  Already enrolled using the link below...

"...American Express announced today a nationwide promotion that will allow all consumer Charge Cardmembers enrolled in the Membership Rewards program to earn double points on U.S. standalone gas and grocery purchases up to $1000 dollars of eligible spend each month, starting March 22, 2009 through March 15, 2010.

The promotion is exclusively available to American Express (R) consumer Charge Cardmembers. To take advantage of the offer, Cardmembers must enroll their existing Charge Cards online at www.americanexpress.com/counttwice or call 1-800-794-1308 and use the promotional code 139150001."

Message Edited by billsfan14 on 03-25-2009 06:51 PM

Message 2 of 9
billsfan14
New Contributor

From my understanding you have to enroll unless you're a new member as of April 1st?

I'm not too sure, better safe than sorry I guess. 

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It only counts on Personal Cards, I was hoping my business card would qualify.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@billsfan14 wrote:

From my understanding you have to enroll unless you're a new member as of April 1st?

you're right. you need to sign up.  also, per csr, business cards do not qualify.
Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Max09 wrote:

@billsfan14 wrote:

you're right. you need to sign up.  also, per csr, business cards do not qualify.

Not necessarily -- I got an e-mail today for this, and I opened my card in March 08. The fun thing is, I canceled my Gold card several weeks ago, and I now just have a Blue.

What's especially fun is that they still seem to have me enrolled in the full membership rewards program. Go figure... Smiley Indifferent
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Thanks Billsfan!  Amex didn't send me or my friend any information about this but when I logged on to the link, it let me sign up . . . no problem . . . Thanks again for some helpful information . . . Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My card isn't eligible Smiley Sad

This offer is good only for Cardmembers and Additional Cardmembers on their accounts who have one or more of the following
American Express® Card products: the American Express Card, the American Express Rewards Green Card,
the American Express Preferred Rewards Green Card, the American Express Gold Card,
the American Express Rewards Gold Card, the American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card,
the American Express Rewards Plus Gold Card, the Platinum Card®, the Centurion® Card.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah sucks for those of us with an AMEX credit card.  It almost makes me want to switch.  Smiley Tongue
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.