Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎02-13-2009

Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

[ Edited ]

Was this brought up before?  Good stuff!  Already enrolled using the link below...

 

 

"...American Express announced today a nationwide promotion that will allow all consumer Charge Cardmembers enrolled in the Membership Rewards program to earn double points on U.S. standalone gas and grocery purchases up to $1000 dollars of eligible spend each month, starting March 22, 2009 through March 15, 2010.

 

The promotion is exclusively available to American Express (R) consumer Charge Cardmembers. To take advantage of the offer, Cardmembers must enroll their existing Charge Cards online at www.americanexpress.com/counttwice or call 1-800-794-1308 and use the promotional code 139150001."

 

 

Message Edited by billsfan14 on 03-25-2009 06:51 PM
_________________


2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

Regular Contributor
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎05-29-2008
0

Re: Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

I received the same e-mail. I didn't realize you have to actually sign up. I thought it was automatic enrollment for charge card customers.


billsfan14 wrote:

Was this brought up before?  Good stuff!  Already enrolled using the link below...

 

 

"...American Express announced today a nationwide promotion that will allow all consumer Charge Cardmembers enrolled in the Membership Rewards program to earn double points on U.S. standalone gas and grocery purchases up to $1000 dollars of eligible spend each month, starting March 22, 2009 through March 15, 2010.

 

The promotion is exclusively available to American Express (R) consumer Charge Cardmembers. To take advantage of the offer, Cardmembers must enroll their existing Charge Cards online at www.americanexpress.com/counttwice or call 1-800-794-1308 and use the promotional code 139150001."

 

 

Message Edited by billsfan14 on 03-25-2009 06:51 PM

 

New Contributor
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎02-13-2009
0

Re: Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

From my understanding you have to enroll unless you're a new member as of April 1st?

 

I'm not too sure, better safe than sorry I guess. 

_________________


2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,265
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

It only counts on Personal Cards, I was hoping my business card would qualify.
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Regular Contributor
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎05-29-2008
0

Re: Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!


billsfan14 wrote:

From my understanding you have to enroll unless you're a new member as of April 1st?

 

I'm not too sure, better safe than sorry I guess. 


 

you're right. you need to sign up.  also, per csr, business cards do not qualify.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!


Max09 wrote:

billsfan14 wrote:

From my understanding you have to enroll unless you're a new member as of April 1st?

 

I'm not too sure, better safe than sorry I guess. 


 

you're right. you need to sign up.  also, per csr, business cards do not qualify.

Not necessarily -- I got an e-mail today for this, and I opened my card in March 08. The fun thing is, I canceled my Gold card several weeks ago, and I now just have a Blue.

What's especially fun is that they still seem to have me enrolled in the full membership rewards program. Go figure... Smiley Indifferent
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
Posts: 832
Registered: ‎01-16-2008
0

Re: Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

Thanks Billsfan!  Amex didn't send me or my friend any information about this but when I logged on to the link, it let me sign up . . . no problem . . . Thanks again for some helpful information . . . Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 121
Registered: ‎01-08-2008
0

Re: Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

My card isn't eligible Smiley Sad

 

This offer is good only for Cardmembers and Additional Cardmembers on their accounts who have one or more of the following
American Express® Card products: the American Express Card, the American Express Rewards Green Card,
the American Express Preferred Rewards Green Card, the American Express Gold Card,
the American Express Rewards Gold Card, the American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card,
the American Express Rewards Plus Gold Card, the Platinum Card®, the Centurion® Card.

4/20/09
Me 696 EX, 709 EQ, 739 TU
DH 734 EX, 699 EQ, 758 TU
Regular Contributor
Posts: 229
Registered: ‎08-31-2007
0

Re: Amex charge cards now earn double points on gas and groceries!

Yeah sucks for those of us with an AMEX credit card.  It almost makes me want to switch.  Smiley Tongue
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.